Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris T-Sport

dnickels

Hi TS owners

I am a very happy Yaris owner.

Two things:

1. What kind of fuel you suggest – premium or regular?

2. In my car I hear a “whine” from the gear in about 50 to 60 mph when in 5th gear, any one notice the same?

I love the car, and don’t think it needs modifications, maybe a super charge in the next model Yaris T150…. Yes!

:)

• 3 weeks later...

I am very intrested in getting a xenon headlamp kit for my T-Sport dose anyone know who the best people to talk to in the uk, or are most of the companies based in the USA. Any info would be very greatfull. :P

• 2 months later...

I can well understand why your lookig at a headlamp upgrade , the lights on the Yaris arn't too hot...must remember next time on the test drive to try it in the dark!

Another niggle I've noticed now winter is setting in is the demisters..you can't have the blowers on the front and side windows at the same time !! If one is going to mist up...then surely the others will too! It's the only model of car where I've seen this, or is this usual for Toyota's?

Mark

I've looked at the HKS site and there's a turbo kit for the 1.0 Yaris...brings the grunt up to 180bhp!!! :D that'll teach u T-sporters! :cool:

Sean

• 2 months later...

hi its my first time on this board, i accidently came across it looking for some yaris mods. There is so little on the web regarding the yaris, everyone's jus written it off, but on the traffic lights, it will prove em wrong!!

anyways, my parents bought a 1.0 cdx 5 door yaris in 1999, i was only 16, and i cudnt wait to get my hands on it, now and im 18 they gave me the car, and i have it at uni. I cant explain how pleasurable the driving is, even though its a 1.0 i often beat upto 1.3's. Its so smooth. Best in its class. I would really have loved to trade it in for a TS, but im a big lad (6"3) and a 3 door jus doesnt do!! Im having to sell this one now, because when i driving it practically rules out the seat behind the drivers. Luckily yaris's do retain there value, so now im opting for a meatier 2nd hand saab 9-3 1.6 tdi. But the yaris will always be in my heart, and hopefully in the future, i may be able to get a TS, jus for pleasure driving.

Thats my story....

p.s. someone told me that you shouldnt take 1.0 high in 1st gear, i usually do 23-24 around 6000 revs, when im pulling off fast, is that harmful?

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, i'm also new here.

I'm expecting to pick up my new yaris t sport in a couple of weeks, yay! I can't wait to bez around in it round the country lanes, but i have to run it in. How long did you lot run yours in for?

Rich.

i ran mine in for about 5 mins.....with modern engines and oil there really no need....plus the ECU will learn how you drive so if you drive it properly from the start its got less to learn later! belive me you will want to put miles on the clock as it gets better and better each time you go out...ive done 6000 miles in the 3 months! total plesure milage.:D

• 3 weeks later...

Well if you all wanted to know what you motor would look like with the latest modern alloy wheels on well heres your chance.

I've just seeing the fastcar site. They have got a post called the wheel selecta. This month they have got the yaris vs the clio.

Here you can select all different types of wheels to see what you motor would look like. I think its great so check it out.

http://www.fastcar.org.uk/clio_yaris/start.html

Jerry!!

I now see why places like FENSPORT refer to mags like fast car as "comics".

The Clio is ahead a fair way on votes over the Yaris - which I think prooves that the Yaris is quite undiscovered - I like the indeviduality of driving a yaris - its nice to stand out of the crowd rather than driving yet another clio, vtr or nova that so heavily populate the "boyracer" scene.

Steve.

That is so true steve. Like you said why drive around in a normal car when you can drive a yaris about.

Perhaps in 2 years from now there will be a lot of T sports going about. Once the boy racers have found out how good the yaris T sport is :D

Jerry !!

Thats too true dan. But after all we are all a bit of a boy racer at heart dont you think so!! :D

I really like the wheels on my yaris t sport, I certainly wouldn't change them for any rims on that "rim selector", specially as iv'e just spent an hour in sub zero temps with the old wonderwheels. What would I change?

A light in the boot and a courtesy light that comes on with the central unlocking. Oh yeah, and any grip at all on hard packed snow. Oh, and Speakers in the back as standard. Still, cracking car!

Hi simon

About Speakers i had Speakers Put in the back of my yaris. My local dealer put some 6x9 speaker in the rear parcel shelf. It sound a lot better i think better than just the four in front i think.

Yes you are right about a light in the boot. That would go a treat. I think that is real stupid of toyota by not fitting a rear light. But if you leave the boot open the interior light comes on. Perhaps they think that the interior light is bright enough for the boot :o

You should be able to pick up that switch at Halfords if you want to make your courtesy light come on when you press the button. That is a delay switch. Should cost no more than £10.

Jerry !!

Thanks Jerry,

Yeah, I asked Toyota for a price for rear Speakers and they quoted £100 ish for 6x9s inc loom and fitting, just never got round to it. The bee in the bonnet about the boot light and courtesy light comes from me also owning a Micra si, and that has the lights as well as the Speakers as standard, but after owning the t sport, i'll not go back.

Cheers

Simon

hi another new member.

u are all so right im fed up of seeing saxo's, corsa's etc......

go on be different.

what a car!

any way a quickie whats the best thing to give T Sport that little extra power.

Well if you want a bit more power well you are going to have to get a performance exhaust and a induction kit. That should boost the performance level.

Check out this site

http://www.tdi-plc.com./toyota_yaris.html

HKS site they will have everything what you will want to get your performance level up!

Also welcome to the toyota club mate.

jerry!!

I had an email back from Blitz UK, they do an Induction kit for the Yaris that will better the power gain of the HKS kit.

Price £186 +VAT

I have attached a photo of the kit for the MR2, but the only difference for the Yaris is the fixings and pipe shape - as you can see it all looks very nice in polished steel.

The guy from Blitz said if we could get a few of us interested he would do a discount price for us at T.O.C

Regards,

Steve.

Thanks,

I take it that price doesnt include fittting. If not can they fit it, how much.

Also has any one darkened their windows and how much do u pay.

sorry for all the questions but having such an unique car its hard to find things out.

Thanks guy's

yes phil

My wife and i have both got yaris T sports. The local dealership done both of are windows. I couldn't tell you the price as it was a free gift for buying another motor from them.

But I can tell you who done them. It was a company called Bishopgate auto tints

Also heres a company near you.

Autoshades Ltd London branch

Tel No: 020 8715 1919

www.autoshades.co.uk

Check them out they could be good. They are always in the fast car mag!!

Jerry!!!

• 1 month later...

I THINK I BEAT YOU TO BECOMING THE FIRST PERSON IN THE UK TO FIT A BLITZ INDUCTION KIT.I HAD TO PAY £260 FOR THEM TO FIT IT ETC BUT IT WAS DEFINETLY WORTH IT,SOUNDS LIKE A RIGHT BEAST NOW.

Have you got a cold air pipe extended to the front of the engine bay to draw cold air in streight from the front of the car? Could you post some pictures of your engine bay with the Blitz Kit fitted please?

Thanks,

Steve.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links