Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

G6r

endapender

I'm Thinking of buying one and just wondering what they are like and is there anything to look out for. there fairly scarce here in ireland so info is limited. Thamks for any help

ive got one and so far no problems at all after 15000miles no rattles no squeaks (even after lowering) i dont think there any different to a 'normal' corolla exept for the body bits and the 6 speed gearbox although i think the sr has the same engine and 6 speed gearbox? (not sure about that im sure someone will correct me if im wrong) the interior cloth seems to be a bit nicer. since ive had mine ive been well impressed with fuel economy (yawn) on motorways and it can shift a bit but you really have to give it some to get it going for over taking etc and well lets face it the handling wont blow you away either :o but to round off their much better looking better specced and much rarer than the other options for similar money

. I WOULDT SWAP MINE FOR ANY OF THE OTHER CHOICES e.g 306/cheapfocus/or anything else your considering

:thumbsup:

ive got one and so far no problems at all after 15000miles no rattles no squeaks (even after lowering) i dont think there any different to a 'normal' corolla exept for the body bits and the 6 speed gearbox although i think the sr has the same engine and 6 speed gearbox? (not sure about that im sure someone will correct me if im wrong) the interior cloth seems to be a bit nicer. since ive had mine ive been well impressed with fuel economy (yawn) on motorways and it can shift a bit but you really have to give it some to get it going for over taking etc and well lets face it the handling wont blow you away either :o  but to round off their much better looking better specced and much rarer than the other options for similar money

. I WOULDT SWAP MINE FOR ANY OF THE OTHER CHOICES e.g 306/cheapfocus/or anything else your considering

:thumbsup:

Yeah the G6R is a lovely car, I think there were only around about 426 in the country. Each Toyota dealership received one to sell due to the success of the toyota WRC. Or so ive been told!!! lol

But they are really nice cars, got all the extras you need too. And very rare!! :thumbsup:

The pre 2000 ae111 SR had the same engine but a 5 speed box. The post 2000 moved onto a vvti engine with the 6 speed box!

Ross

I'm Thinking of buying one and just wondering what they are like and is there anything to look out for. there fairly scarce here in ireland so info is limited. Thamks for any help

I olso had 1 . now i,am driving a brandnew 05 3 doors Rolla , its a month old now

The G6-R is a fine car to ride in and its a limited version ( in Holland there are only 200 sold all in Black

It has a Aluminium bonnet red saftybelts powersteering discbrakes all around with ABS 15 inch alloys with 195-55-15 tyres

And Stiffer shockabsorbers and when you lowering the car like i did with TTE springs its very stif :yes: 6 speedgearbox meshgrill foglights some with airco.

I changed a lot over the few years i had it

Booster Bigspoiler on top of the 3 door , Booster WRC Grill , Laser 100mm backbox with no midsilencer, TTE Loweringsprings -35 mm, TTE Frontbumperspoiler with foglights

i did all of the service to my G6-R myself i sold it with 94.000km on the clock

all i can say BUY ONE :thumbsup:

tell me youre Emailadress and i will send you some pics of my old G6-R

Just look for the usual things that go wrong with cars. The stock alloys tend to pit and corrode (as with most Toyota alloys). Depending on how old it is, look for signs of wear and tear. Interior will give you good idea of how well it's been looked after. Major things that went wrong with mine were new front shocks required and new safety ECU. Remember the G6R only came in red or black. Hope you find one you like.

Joe

Thanks lads. I think ive decided on getting one. I have a 94 corolla already so i'm familiar with the workings and things that cause trouble in the suspension. The only thing that I was told about them is the gearbox gives trouble but his info would not be the most reliable. Thanks alot for the advice

@G6-R my e-mail is endapender@yahoo.com

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links