Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Coasting?

raywong

If you buy petrol when it's colder then you get more for your money coz it's denser.  :yes:

Yep but you also use more fuel when it's colder!

All this worrying about saving a few pence!

Just go out and get a little 125cc Motorbike. Some bikes do over 100mpg! and to really rub your noses in it, the road tax on a 125 was £15 a year the last tiem I looked!

I really need to get a bike!

I had a Honda CG125 a few years back, which was bulletproof and that did 125mpg only problem was the tank only held about 2 gallons! (yes the tax was £15 last time I looked) My current motorbike is a 600cc and that only gets about 50mpg (£40 tax for the year)

obv is true, while coasting ur not reving your car are u? so why wud it burn fuel?

It's idling - so it's using the same tiny amount as when you sit still, apparntley when you are driving with it in gear with no right foot it uses less fuel becasue the force of going forward keeps the engine running

Just had a thought, has anyone got a decent trip computer in their car? One that shows you how many mpg you are doing right at that moment??

If so drive down a hill and coast, and have a look at the mpg

then drive down in gear and have a look at the mpg

Then that will give us proof!! :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links