Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Corolla Problems

Toyin

Hi People,

I am new to this forum. I just thought I'd put my 2 penneth in!!

I bought a Corolla (54 plate) last year. When I took delivery of the car I noticed it veered to the right when driving and braking, really squeaky brakes and tatty carpeting in the rear. To cut a very long story short, they have had it back 3 times to try and rectify this and have been unable to do so. I finally rejected the car a month later asking for a refund or a replacement and they ignored me! I contacted Toyota GB who are absolutely useless. They sided with the dealer and they have done nothing but bully me and claim that they didn't actually bring 'spanners and overalls' to do the work on the last occasion, saying that they only diagnosed the problem with the rear suspension (which is not actually they problem). They have lied, bullied and ignored me consistently for 6 weeks! I have subsequently found out that the car was delivered to me with an odd wheel (3 Michelin and 1 Dunlop)!! It appears someone had damaged my brand new vehicle prior to delivery, changed the tyre and hoped I wouldn't notice! I wouldn't have noticed had they fixed the steering properly! I have been lucky enough to obtain help from someone who know more about cars and the law than I do.

Anyway after plenty of to-ing and fro-ing I have decided to sue them for a refund, damages and expenses! They think I am kidding with them but I am certainly not, I have given them until the end of this week to sort this out or they have a legally suit on their hands. They are totally aware the evidence against them is somewhat damning...

Loyalty means nothing to them. I have been a long term customer of theirs for the past 5/6 years and have bought 4 new cars and recommended them to family members and friends ho have also bought cars......... NEVER AGAIN! Their customers services (or lack thereof!) is abismal!!!!!

Sorry to hear about the problems :(

It's not good behaviour at all. Although I am surprised Customer Services have completely blanked you :eek:

I think you are right to seek legal advice and/or contact trading standards.

There used to be a C.S person who was a regular on the forums, but I haven't seen him around for a while. He used to be very helpful when people had the odd niggle.

Good luck with your endevours :)

Oh... And welcome to TOC B)

Thanks System G. Unfortunately it has gone beyond Trading Standards and 'seeking' legal advice. If I do not receive a satisfactory response by the end of this week (i.e confirmation that I will receive my money back and the eventual cash) I will continue with legal action. I have already had many opinions on this (legal and otherwise) and as mentioned before the evidence against them is so damning they wouldn't have a leg to stand on. Once I start the legal action I will definitely follow it through to the bitter end....i.e no out of court settlements.

I too am suprised about how badly C.S have treated me. I kid you not when I say bother the dealer and Toyota ignored and bullied me. It's only when I got help have the started to sit up and take note, although they are not willing to admit they are at fault..... anyway we shall let the court decide......

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links