Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Red Light - Flashed

breezer

i dont think so!! people doing 63mph in a 30mph zone is more dangerous! as my mates mate has just been caught for.

iv been on a few sites, one was lexusownersclub.co.uk - and one person got a TS10 and said it didnt affect his insurance. Also said the police or something said it didnt affect insurance!

so JJ did it affect ur insurance!?

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• breezer

• Fidgits

• JustJJ

• Moffmo

If you run a red light... and someone else is crossing the junction... steps out because their pedestrian light is green.... another car pulls out cause its their time to go... it is dangerous...simply because you are moving and in the way when you should be stationary and out of the way.

You are comparing doing over twice the speed limit with running a red by mere seconds....that isnt right... if you were to do a comparision properly... you would equate 63mph in a 30mph to running the red light by a good 20 seconds.

No it hasnt affected my insurance... but then again I asked the police what to do about it eg what to tell them, and they said I didnt need to tell insurance until I renewed the policy...but to be watertight... you prolly should

My 1st 3 points stuck £60 on top of my premium, which isnt much tbh

how many points you had? just you said that it didnt affect insurance! but then you said your first 3 points stuck £60 on top!!

i just went on tesco, got a quote without the offence - £601! then did it again with the offence - £667!

I've got 6 atm

first 3 come off in Feb 2006

my second lot were from supposedly convtravening a red light... when I didnt.. but I didnt get the backup of a camera... it was my word against two cops in an unmarked car

oh ok!! thanks for the help :)

so if i do get 3 points, do i tell insurance straight away! or do i tell em when it comes to renewal (august).

someone told me asap! what would insurance company say in august when i tell em that i got 3 points in february?

It would seem at first like you'd be best to accept the fine and the points, assuming that you get done in the first place, though there is another possibility that you may be offered as already mentioned.

If you do get the option of attending a driver improvement course instead of prosecution then I'd suggest you think strongly about taking it. I chose to do one and you don't get any points that way. The cost of the course is over £100 though and my course was a day and a half.

I went along thinking "it wasn't my fault so why should I have to do this?" but once there I showed the right attitude and even enjoyed it! Not a soft option as they'll do you anyway if you fail the course but that isn't likely to happen.

Oh and although the slate is then wiped clean, (you get a formal written warning and that's the end of the matter) you mustn't do anything wrong for three years afterwards as they won't give you the same chance again!

And yes, even at my age, I learnt a trick or two while I was there. You don't get treated like a criminal either. Good luck! :thumbsup:

tell em soon as they go on your licence

first 3 points at your age will affect the insurance, why dont u bribe your dad to take the points as they wont affect him as much(if at all)

are u on about the cameras on the felling bypass? a few drivers i know have contested them cameras sayin that it was unsafe to stop due to weather conditions. or if your on about tyne tunnel roundabout expect 6 points from there, they give out stricter penalties around there for some reason

youve had it then, you cant contest those ones. how did u miss them though? they take ages to go from amber to red!

why dont u go and paint the red light black, then take a photo with a digital camera and tell them the light wasnt on red :P:P

sorry just kidding, but seriously, alot of those camera's dont have film in as jj said, u may get away with it yet. but hey its only 3 points at end of the day. not lost ur licence yet!

oh jj, did u by any chance study law? hehe :P

i would be happy if my insurance was £500 DELITED!!! will never be that low over here for anybody my age.

got a quote done by endsleigh. £5700 with 5 points. and thats only third party. not even fire and theft, just third party

why dont u go and paint the red light black, then take a photo with a digital camera and tell them the light wasnt on red :P:P

sorry just kidding, but seriously, alot of those camera's dont have film in as jj said, u may get away with it yet. but hey its only 3 points at end of the day. not lost ur licence yet!

oh jj, did u by any chance study law? hehe :P

If you are referring to the huge post before Danny... that was Dave... not me :P and no he didnt study law... he just takes an interest in these things :P

Breezer... Wait for the NIP... has to be served correctly within 28 days def...

have a look in that long post.. should tell you there... *cant remember.

The second thing to check is did the NIP arrive in time, they have 14 days from the day after the offence to get the first NIP to the registered keeper by 'normal course of the post'.

14 Days by the sounds of it til your Dad should get it

i would be happy if my insurance was £500 DELITED!!! will never be that low over here for anybody my age.

got a quote done by endsleigh. £5700 with 5 points. and thats only third party. not even fire and theft, just third party

I'd be seriously thinking about being a pedestrian for the next few years if I was you!

what a girl.

Its 3 points, so what. Your, sorry, daddys, insurance firm wouldn't batter an eye lid which is a shame coz anyone who 'was paying attention' yet who cant appreciate that red means stop shouldn't be on the road. If you'd have hit someone then what would you say. All this b0ll0ck$ for shaving a few seconds off your journey time.

You've got it cushdy as it is, maybe a few points and a hefty fine would wake you up and realise that there are actually other people on the road and not just yourself. Its a farkin road, wanna race or bend the rules then go to Germany with the lads.

well arent you a tw@!! it was an accident, it had just turned red as i passed!! did i ever even indicate that i was in a rush or whatever and wanted to save time????? :ffs:

did i once mention racing??? wtf are you talking about you !Removed!. READ THE DAMN POST AGAIN or get yourself to specsavers!! jesus!

such an incredibly beautiful person

lights dont go straight to red. Theres a stage for a coupla seconds thats amber. That means 'if you dont slow down, you'll go through a red, you'll see a flash, then daddy wont put you on his insurance anymore'. Oh, looks whats only gone and happened!!!!! Ta-****-da!!

It doesnt take a genius mate.

Anyway specsavers? Who went through the BRIGHT RED LIGHT!!!!!

i didn't, so my eye sight must be fine.

Any anyway, the camera boxes are as bright as you like High Visability Yellow!!!!!! Jeeeeeeeeeez, deserve it if you cant see one of them bastids.

The point i was making was, that there are other people on the road who want to get about without being put in danger. And rightly so. To sustain this, cameras are in place to protect people from those who speed, drive dangerously, or jump red lights. Its a fact of life, if you dont like the rules, dont play the game.

(in other words, catch the bus)

yeah sure mate! i was speeding so i could get through a red light! whatever, lol!

did i say i didnt see the camera! i know theyre there! jesus you really need to read the posts!

bright red light? sorry but they aint that bright! even youre brighter!!

well you weren't slowing down for it were ya.

Grow up, except you dropped a b0ll0ck (no pun intended).

3 points, £60, job done.

yeah i know that! i specifically said no sarcy comments or something in my first post, which obviously includes slandering also! no-one else did. even fidgits didnt :P

Oh happy days again on TOC :rolleyes:

Breezer, dont worry, Im sure most people on here have accidentally/intentially gone through a amber/red light. You got caught out this time, so just accept it and move on :)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links