Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Red Light - Flashed

breezer

i would be happy if my insurance was £500 DELITED!!! will never be that low over here for anybody my age.

got a quote done by endsleigh. £5700 with 5 points. and thats only third party. not even fire and theft, just third party

blow me... i live in ireland (north) too and thought my insurance was steep at 1025 pa for me and wife fully comp!!!!! :ffs:

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• breezer

• Fidgits

• JustJJ

• Moffmo

did you go all the way through it??? if so tell them the guy behind you was right up your **** and you didnt think you could stop in time with out him hitting you.

WHY BOTHER LYING!??!?!?!?

In the end, you'll get into more trouble. Just tell the truth and accept you made a mistake

did you go all the way through it??? if so tell them the guy behind you was right up your **** and you didnt think you could stop in time with out him hitting you.

earpl - if are going to keep on suggesting that breezer LIES in a court of law, a crime significantly worse than going through a red light, then I am going to put your posts on moderator preview.

if you cannot play a responsible part in this discussion - stay out of it.

Matthew_McNally Posted Today, 06:12 PM

QUOTE(earpl @ Feb 15 2005, 05:53 PM)

earpl - if are going to keep on suggesting that breezer LIES in a court of law, a crime significantly worse than going through a red light, then I am going to put your posts on moderator preview.

better still Matthew, close the thread, no new topics or views are coming forward, (and its boring the hell outta me)

pllllllllllllllllleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeas, cherry on top :crybaby:

better still Matthew, close the thread, no new topics or views are coming forward, (and its boring the hell outta me)

pllllllllllllllllleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeas, cherry on top  :crybaby:

don't think we need to close it down mate - still a legitmate topic.

just need earpl to stop crapping in it

Matthew_McNally Posted Today, 06:12 PM

QUOTE(earpl @ Feb 15 2005, 05:53 PM)

(and its boring the hell outta me)

you are not required to come into it, so if it bores you dont view it? simple enough solution!

im mearly stating an option that a less law abiding citizen might take. i wouldn't suggest lieing in court no. thats just stupid.......................chill out B) :P

you said the 1st NIP had to be sent within 14 days of the offence! tomorow is the 14th day, what happens if its not sent by then? am i off the hook?

You will have post 2mo mate, or who ever the car is registered to will! A nice brown envelope with Dvla on it! :yes:

why on the 14th day! thats !Removed! if it does!

They kinda like to turn you around and rape you kinda thing.......

when you least expect it

i didnt get a letter! the post has came! does this mean im off the hook?

"The second thing to check is did the NIP arrive in time, they have 14 days from the day after the offence to get the first NIP to the registered keeper by 'normal course of the post'. Normal course of the post means next day for first class (unless next day is a bank holiday / sunday, then its the day before). If the first NIP arrives with the registered keeper outside the 14 days, check the postmark and if it couldn't have arrived in time again you're clear... Do as before and keep the envelope."

i didnt get a letter! the post has came! does this mean im off the hook?

"The second thing to check is did the NIP arrive in time, they have 14 days from the day after the offence to get the first NIP to the registered keeper by 'normal course of the post'. Normal course of the post means next day for first class (unless next day is a bank holiday / sunday, then its the day before). If the first NIP arrives with the registered keeper outside the 14 days, check the postmark and if it couldn't have arrived in time again you're clear... Do as before and keep the envelope."

Yep, providing you dont get a letter tommorow with the postmark of the 20th(and it has a 1st class stamp), if it was posted on the 21st then you are in the clear.

Lesson learnt.

Cant believe you get your post at 9am <_<

I know this little bit of info might not be to everyone taste, and to be honest I don't always stick to it myself.

But a work mate who's a member IAM (Institute of advanced motorists)

Said to me "When approaching a traffic light that's on Green, assume the light is gonna turn red soon"

- check rear view, so you know what's behind you, and how close.

- ease off the accelerator

- cover (not apply) your brake in anticipation for the light to change.

- When you've past the line accelerate.

I know you'll p*** off drivers behind but it's your licence you have to look after. not their's.

The problem is when we are on familiar routes these things happen.

e.g. Has anyone else been on a large traffic light roundabouts or a long route to work and you know the sequence, so if you pass through one set you can pass through all?

id love to! i get stuck at every traffic light going, so does my dad! i guess we both hav bad luck coz everyone else doesnt lol! yesh i get my post at 9am! usually 8am!

id love to! i get stuck at every traffic light going, so does my dad! i guess we both hav bad luck coz everyone else doesnt lol! yesh i get my post at 9am! usually 8am!

I'm gonna say this and it's not assuming you speed,

but I used get stuck regularly at numerous traffic lights on a regular weekend journey.

As I approached too quickly (admittedly) they'd turn Red or when they were already on red & I pulled up quickly/abruptly I'd have to wait for a while.

then a friend mentioned (I don't know how true it is) the sensors in the road before the light and camera type unit that's sometimes attached to the traffic lights themselves monitor the cars approach.

Since then I've approached the various lights on green below the speed limit say between 25 & 30mph and they've not changed.

When I've been above that 35mph, the lights SEEM to change to red.

And If they are on Red Already and Roll up to them slowly they change.

Has anyone else experienced this.

After all that typing. it might just seems like ages cos I'm late for something.

But it's happened to often to be just me.

there are sensors in the roads which I make sure my tyres go over when i approach any lights

they are the same type as the ones in front of auto gates and barriers

phew! I thought it was just me.

Cheers Reece. at least it shows I'm not mad, or are you as mad as me? :P

Since then I've approached the various lights on green below the speed limit say between 25 & 30mph and they've not changed.

When I've been above that 35mph, the lights SEEM to change to red.

And If they are on Red Already and Roll up to them slowly they change.

Has anyone else experienced this.

No its true, theres a crossroads near me that Constanly change as they detect cars coming, but they wont change if you are speeding (must not detect you)

Theres also a roundabout(with lights) in my town, and if you come off the motorway and its on red, you can make it all the way around if you do 40mph (which is the speed limit) as they all turn green as you approach... Im usally stuck behind a metro doing 20mph though (WHY ARE THEY IN THE FAST LANE?? :ffs:)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links