Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota Uk Warranty Question...

MJG

Hi folks,

Just bought an 04 Corolla T-sport with which I am very happy.

It has just under 7 months old and has just had it's 10k mile service.

So it is due it's next service either this time next year or at 20k miles.

When the time comes I would rather trust the service to a garage I would trust on the basis of their track record and past experience.

To me if they are not a Toyota main dealer this is irrelavent.

Given that the wording in the manual (see scan below)-

ToyotaManual.jpg

Seems to imply that as long as you fit genuine Toyota parts or equivalent quality parts then the warranty will not be affected, what do the forum think about getting an 'in warranty' Toyota serviced elsewhere other than a main dealer.

Input welcome...

PS sorry about the image size haven't worked this out in this forum just yet.

Cheers

As long as genuine Toyota parts are used and the garage is VAT registered then you won't have a problem but use other parts then it opens up a whole can of worm's as they could say they are not up to scratch :thumbsup:

As long as genuine Toyota parts are used and the garage is VAT registered then you won't have a problem but use other parts then it opens up a whole can of worm's as they could say they are not up to scratch :thumbsup:

The genuine parts bit I understand but why can they object if the garage is not VAT registered.....

I ask this because the garage I want to use is not VAT registered but I trust them to do a good job more than I would trust a main dealer of any ilk......

The genuine parts bit I understand but why can they object if the garage is not VAT registered.....

I ask this because the garage I want to use is not VAT registered but I trust them to do a good job more than I would trust a main dealer of any ilk......

Need's to be VAT registered to prove they are a reputable garage but the one i use only charge £10 per hour so are you sure they are not VAT registered?

Need's to be VAT registered to prove they are a reputable garage but the one i use only charge £10 per hour so are you sure they are not VAT registered?

Pretty sure they are not as I understand the requirement to VAT register is based on annual turnover and not the hourly rate thay charge..... will check though and post back.......

As long as all parts are genuine then its ok for another garage to do it.All warranty jobs must be carried out by a toyota garage :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links