Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Engine Flush

b1nda

Hi,

I was wandering if any of you TOC Members would recomend a good Engine Flush or are they all the same/ should i just use any old cheap one?

Is there any particular reason why you want to flush the engine????

A well serviced engine with frequent oil changed should not need flushing :thumbsup:

if you have to, the wyns stuff (I think? looks likea purple cat food tin) is cheap and effective.

Is there any particular reason why you want to flush the engine????

A well serviced engine with frequent oil changed should not need flushing  :thumbsup:

if you have to, the wyns stuff (I think? looks likea  purple cat food tin) is cheap and effective.

reason is,

i checked the oil level on my car yesterday, and the oil was black and it was low....so i filled it up... i just want to replace the oil as its now got dirty black oil and new Castrol gtx.

Up to you at the end of the day, I would just run the car HOT, drain the oil out (it flows better when hot taking a lot of the crap out with it) the replace the oil filter sump plug washer..

regular servicing and it'll stay nice and clean :thumbsup:

Forte engine flush is the best I've come across, it's a bit hard to find though.

Up to you at the end of the day, I would just run the car HOT, drain the oil out (it flows better when hot taking a lot of the crap out with it) the replace the oil filter sump plug washer..

This works fine, but with older engines you can get a sludge build up in the sump that won't drain. In time this can be sucked up by the oil pump and reduce oilflow through the engine. Using a good flushing agent dissolves this sludge back into something that can be drained through the sump.

Rich

what i tend to do is go to the shop/garage to buy the oil, and get some flush at the same time, normally use 'Comma' flush

come out the garage, pop the lid, chuck the flush in, take a steady drive home, wait for it to cool and then drop the oil

I'd recommend the wynns,

I would recommend you go cane your car for a bit, get it nice and hot, then poor the wynns in and then follow the instructions precisely. Don't go drive it - You will trash the engine!

An idiot musician mate of one of my housemates once put STP in his car and drove it home, idiot. AA came out and his engine was seized. The engine flush had thinned his oil so much it went past the piston rings and got burned.

Forte engine flush is the best I've come across, it's a bit hard to find though.

This works fine, but with older engines you can get a sludge build up in the sump that won't drain. In time this can be sucked up by the oil pump and reduce oilflow through the engine. Using a good flushing agent dissolves this sludge back into something that can be drained through the sump.

Rich

Looking at the sig and avatar I'd not say it was a particularly old engine!!!

Flushing old engines can be even worse as often the oil "plugs" any leaks. A serious flushing will strip all the internal componants of their protective oil layer, which on some cases can do more harm then good!!!

Even an old engine, as long as it has had regular oil changes should not be too sludged up!

I am actually going to flush mine soo as I am going from fully synthetic back too semi :thumbsup:

Rich

Looking at the sig and avatar I'd not say it was a particularly old engine!!!

Flushing old engines can be even worse as often the oil "plugs" any leaks. A serious flushing will strip all the internal componants of their protective oil layer, which on some cases can do more harm then good!!!

Even an old engine, as long as it has had regular oil changes should not be too sludged up!

I am actually going to flush mine soo as I am going from fully synthetic back too semi :thumbsup:

hi,

The oil change is for my bullet-proof Carina E, it aint had a oil change in ages....

Thanks for all your reply's :thumbsup:

I remember a time when people said the 7M bottom end was bulletproof..... ;)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links