Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Too Good To Be True?

stuarto

Hi. In my quest for a T Sport, just spotted this on Autotrader website this afternoon

T Sport 52 reg. 17000 miles, Red.

Price: £4,750 Distance: 198 miles

Too good to be true? What's that all about? HPI check would uncover anything dodgy, so why so cheap.?Several others for sale that want 6.5k for that sort of mileage.

Anyone know who's it is? Distance refers to distance from my postcode in Kent.

:huh:

If something sounds too good to be true then it usually is.

I would be making a few phones calls to get some details and then alarm bells would be ringing :eek:

Cars above the north south divide ar quite a bit cheaper so far as iv noticed as when i look on auto trader all the cheaper cars are 150+miles away from me!

ive seen alot of t sports around the 5.5 mark but none as cheap as that!

CB :thumbsup:

get the old owners details off the seller and check its history me and mate went to view a TS for 4k and it was damaged and poorly repaired contact old owner sadi DONT BUY IT WOTEVER YOU DO! ITS NOT SAFE! some poor person is probably driving around in it now, was thunder grey reg FE51 EGU

If something sounds too good to be true then it usually is.

I would be making a few phones calls to get some details and then alarm bells would be ringing  :eek:

I'll ring-up and find out.

To the-voice-of-reason:

I've got your car pic on my desktop - looks superb - did you buy that new?

:)

get the old owners details off the seller and check its history me and mate went to view a TS for 4k and it was damaged and poorly repaired contact old owner sadi DONT BUY IT WOTEVER YOU DO! ITS NOT SAFE! some poor person is probably driving around in it now, was thunder grey reg FE51 EGU

Yeah ive been looking at t sports and thats seem a bit dodgy!, Im in the process of getting another t sport 2moro, after i wrote off my other one

id agree t sport go for round 6k mark, its got to be dodgy for that, or the guy selling hasnt a clue what its worth!

To the-voice-of-reason:

Cheers :thumbsup:

Did you pay me for that? (Kidding!)

Which pic as I’ve had a few on here? Yes I bought it new in June (04 plate)

Yeah ive been looking at t sports and thats seem a bit dodgy!, Im in the process of getting another t sport 2moro, after i wrote off my other one

id agree t sport go for round 6k mark, its got to be dodgy for that, or the guy selling hasnt a clue what its worth!

sayin that it is a red colour as i looked, they are generally 500-700 cheaper than other colour like grey and black, if in doubt have a look!

sayin that it is a red colour as i looked, they are generally 500-700 cheaper than other colour like grey and black, if in doubt have a look!

Yes, I've heard that said before - still that's a big drop. You'd think if they weren't sure of the value they'd look at the site before posting it. Smacks of desperation to sell quick to me, puts it top when you search by price so stands out a mile. Got to be damaged/repaired?

:huh:

To the-voice-of-reason:

Cheers :thumbsup:

Did you pay me for that? (Kidding!)

Which pic as I’ve had a few on here? Yes I bought it new in June (04 plate)

to the voice of reason:

Er . . . not sure - side view, on what looks like a car park, with greenery in background - doesn't help much I doubt! Anyway looks very cool. I've been wavering between getting a blue or grey, but staring at yours all day (in between work of course!) has persuaded me grey looks best (cue 'breezer' saying black is best!)

:rolleyes:

Stuarto,

i have checked that car out, and it is only 4miles away from me, and believe me, i ive in a well dodgy area, so i would guess that is a Hot car.

But as everyone else says, give them a ring and ask what is going on. A HPI check only takes about 2mins to get online on the AA website, so just get the details and check it out.

MrWinkey

Er . . . not sure - side view, on what looks like a car park, with greenery in background - doesn't help much I doubt! Anyway looks very cool. I've been wavering between getting a blue or grey, but staring at yours all day (in between work of course!) has persuaded me grey looks best (cue 'breezer' saying black is best!)

:rolleyes:

But black is best.. even on a non t-sport :P

Yeah that sounds dodgy to me. Take a look at T-Sports of the same age on Toyota's site (used car section).

I also like TVOR's pics. Saved em all off his site! Good advert for a thunder grey T- sport. :yes::thumbsup:

Probably really bad paintwork protection. The reds are always the cheapest on the market. Bet the paintwork hasn't been looked after and its hell!

i have checked that car out, and it is only 4miles away from me, and believe me, i ive in a well dodgy area, so i would guess that is a Hot car.

That’s a shame, but better to know now than after you have parted with your cash.

I’m sure there are plenty of more if you look hard enough. Don’t rush; wait till you find the one that you are 100% happy with.

Thanks for all the comments - I won't rush into purchasing.

Very fussy when looking at cars, so will check them out thoroughly beforehand.

;)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links