Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Has Any One Tried Tinting There Windows?

jdbecks

hey every one!

has any one here tinted there windows them selfs? do they come out as good as takin it to a company?

hey every one!

has any one here tinted there windows them selfs? do they come out as good as takin it to a company?

Dont even attempt it unless you have a spare 10 hours or so and a very patient hand! I have tried it on 3 different cars a number of times on each one!!

Its very tricky stuff and getting all the wrinkles out is verdy difficult!

yeah its a mare!

you must be uber patient! and have plenty of soapy water!

or get a pro to do it!

depends on if your patient like its been said, bit of a tip, wash the windows with newspaper to get them gleaming then cover them with talc, wipe this off and then apply film. easier if u can take glass off the car as well

I've done loads and find them pretty easy now... still havn't done my '2 yet though :D

loads of soapy water and a heat gun for curvy windows.... ;)

haha well that means it off to get a pro to do it then!!!

cheers neway guys!!!

depends on if your patient like its been said, bit of a tip, wash the windows with newspaper to get them gleaming then cover them with talc, wipe this off and then apply film. easier if u can take glass off the car as well

that may seem easier but if you do that youll end up laying them down and dust can land on the glass alot easier and get trapped

doing them on the car means they are upright and out of the line of attack

that may seem easier but if you do that youll end up laying them down and dust can land on the glass alot easier and get trapped

doing them on the car means they are upright and out of the line of attack

Best way is to do them in the bath (not while you're in it obviously!) Plenty of water and fairy liquid. Hardest part is taking the glass out, and putting it back in without scratching it!! I've never done it on a car with electric windows though.

Joe

yeah putting it back in would be tricky as your not allowed to move the windows for a week after

Theres a guy across from my unit that tints windows and he makes it look so easy.

I'v picked some tips up from him but would still let him do my car if i ever have it done.

Russ

Theres a guy across from my unit that tints windows and he makes it look so easy.

I'v picked some tips up from him but would still let him do my car if i ever have it done.

Russ

Russ will you ask him the cost to do our rear side windows black :thumbsup:

Paul.

The rear quarter lights are easy, the doors are ok as long as you take the door cards off, but the rear window, a guy who had just started doing window tinting tried 3 times, with 3 different pieces, all got messed up, he wasn't half f'ing and blinding about it. It's cos the rear window isn't flat, and cos the ends curl back, so was really awkward. He gave up on it in the end.

Russ

thats where i had the yaris done! top bloke

has he quoted you for the 2 russ? been meaning to go down and ask myself

Russ

thats where i had the yaris done! top bloke

has he quoted you for the 2 russ? been meaning to go down and ask myself

He just said he will do me a good price.

Do you want me to ask him for you??

Russ

yes mate ta!

damn good price and just what i wanted, tell John ill be in touch soon

yes mate ta!

damn good price and just what i wanted, tell John ill be in touch soon

I just bought a 1992 GT T-Bar turbo that has mirrored rear and rear quarter windows. I dont want tint, so if your in for a swap we can sort this out..

Email me if you are interested.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links