Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

False Alarm Problem.....

MJG

Anybody had this one.....

After six days of trouble free motoring I have hit what I think could be my first glitch.

Today after driving to work I parked and double locked as usual.

After about half an hour I could just hear the alarm on my car going off, stopping and going off again (I couldn't stop it as I was interviewing somebody for a job and did not want to break off.... a colleague sussed out my difficulty and swtiched off the alarm and reset it and a couple of minutes later off it went again....then stopped completely

After I was free I went out to check the car, all doors and windows were securley shut so I just unset and reset and all was fine.

I then drove to another of our premises this afternoon and it did the same thing only this time I could stop it immediately.

Obviously if it is a faulty alarm then it will be a warranty issue but has anybody had this fixed or know what it could be so I can point the dealer in the right direction. I don't want to spend time tripping back and forth with such an intermittent problem.....

Cheers.

if it has ultrasonics make sure to close all air vents as air rushing in can set it off due to changes in air pressure.

My CTS had similar problem when new in 2002, back to dealer 4 times

Every excuse given, but turned out it was the pressure switch under the bonnet that had been set to low. The bunnet should push the switch down when closed, but instead was sitting on top of it, and made the fault very intermittent.

The alarm should go off if someone forces the bonnet up.

Solution, they stuck a packer on the underside of the bonnet to force the pressure switch down, no alarm problems since.

Hope this helps

A

Forgot 2 say Shields Toyota in Glasgow reported, after the 3 months i had returned the friggin car, it was a very common problem in bonnet pressure switches on CTS's

Had a similar problem with my '98 Corolla. Took weeks for me to find the problem - dodgy boot switch. Just needed a good clean and it's been fine ever since.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links