Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Strange Goins On?

jjen

hiya folks,

just wondered if any of you tsport owners have had probs with your central locking, my car constantly locks itself everywhere I go apart from outside my house. I can be standing next to it and bang its locked even if I leave key in but I can still open drivers door, mmmm I be finding it increasingly uneasy leaving the car in town just in case.

I am gonna get in touch with dealer this week, just wondered if this was common before they give me strange looks!!!!

your comments would be appreciated.

by the way I am all there up top, so my doc says anyway? its no my imagination!! :wacko:

thanks, hopefully :unsure:

hiya folks,

just wondered if any of you tsport owners have had probs with your central locking, my car constantly locks itself everywhere I go apart from outside my house.  I can be standing next to it and bang its locked even if I leave key in but I can still open drivers door, mmmm  I be finding it increasingly uneasy leaving the car in town just in case.

I am gonna get in touch with dealer this week, just wondered if this was common before they give me strange looks!!!!

your comments would be appreciated.

by the way I am all there up top, so my doc says anyway? its no my imagination!! :wacko:

thanks, hopefully  :unsure:

Are you sure this is not the autolock feature which automatically locks the vehicle after being unlocked for about a minute....

Are you sure this is not the autolock feature which automatically locks the vehicle after being unlocked for about a minute....

quite sure its not that, it locks with key in ignition also sometimes with drivers door open. It has unlocked itslef a couple of times also making me uneasy on taking it anywhere. :crybaby:

quite sure its not that, it locks with key in ignition also sometimes with drivers door open. It has unlocked itslef a couple of times also making me uneasy on taking it anywhere. :crybaby:

do you use the double lock when you leave the car in public???

if your central locking is going wrong on a 6 month old car perhaps you should try using the other master key for a while or changing the batteries ???? fresh out of other ideas apart from going to mr T but as we all know when you get there all will be well and there will not be a problem... thats what usually happens to me anyway :ffs: ever heard the phrase... 'seems to be working ok now... bring it back if it happens again' ??

Sounds pretty crazy - I would take it back to your Toyota garage and let them figure it out :) I know that in modern cars, quite often the central locking is controlled by the ECU, and can have all kinds of strange settings switched on or off, so maybe one of those settings was accidentally switched on. I had a friend with a Seat Leon, and his car had an option to have the car lock all the doors once it went faster than 15mph, and then unlock them again when you dropped below 15mph!

Sounds pretty crazy - I would take it back to your Toyota garage and let them figure it out :) I know that in modern cars, quite often the central locking is controlled by the ECU, and can have all kinds of strange settings switched on or off, so maybe one of those settings was accidentally switched on. I had a friend with a Seat Leon, and his car had an option to have the car lock all the doors once it went faster than 15mph, and then unlock them again when you dropped below 15mph!

sounds like a cool extra if you are carrying children in the car though... nice one

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links