Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Engine Management Light Cuming On

Matty_c_2oo4

Hi All,

having a slight problem i was bought a universal induction kit for my 2001 corrola 1.4 vvti when i fitted the kit it was alrite for a couple of days then all of a sudden the engine light came on so i thought i would give it a few days to see if it went off but it didn't so i put my standard air box back on to the see if the light would go off and it did but every so often it keeps coming bck on for a day or two. is their anyway in having the induction kit on with out the engine light coming on?? i would be most gratefull if ne1 could help me

Thanks

Matty

Is it flickering or coming on for a while each time? If its flickering, then you may have knocked the wire of one of the engine sensors that feed the ECU, making either the wire or the sensor a bit loose. If the ECU gets an intermittent reading or a reading out of allowable ranges from a sensor, it will probably flash the light when this occurs.

I would bet on a loose wiring connection - it seems a bit too conincidental that a sensor would fail at exactly the same point as the air box change without the two being related, and knocking a wiring plug near the air box would seem the most logical.

Of course, it could be that the change in air flow that you created by changing the air box might have confused the ECU, and its taking a while to 'forget' the change with the original airbox back on.

You could always take the car to Toyota and get them to check the ECU for error codes, which might help, but will probably cost you.

Good luck!

Alex

When it goes from on to off, or visa versa, does it do it while you are driving around, or when you leave it overnight? If its staying permanently on for a couple of days at a time, I would take the car to a garage with computer equipment who can check the ECU for error logs. Might give you an idea of what to check!

Good luck with it!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links