Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Confusion Fitting Headunit,using Existing Speakers

admanirv

Hi guys,

Go the jist now of fitting a headunit, im going to go down the coin box route and may get a aftermarket fascia (though i rang up wkb toyota in waterlooville, they said one didnt exist!, which it clearly does!) - where can i get

Ok im getting a sony mp3 4*50w headunit, with 2 pre outs.

I have fitting my 6*9's in parcel shelf on my t sport.

Question is i want to connect my rear 6x9's to my aftermarket headunit, and using the 4 front Speakers, but a guy in the motoworld shop siad it wasnt advisbale as id have to use resistors (in parrelel?), then connect them to use the front 4 and the 6x9's but then it wouldnt be very loud and would be disorted! - basically he said just connet the door ones and the 6*9's and exclude the dash!

So is he right?, what do i do, id ideally want to keep front 4 and use 6x9's too, im not using an amp or anything.

regards, and thanks

Adam

Well, the dash Speakers and door Speakers are connected together anyway... in series. Unplug the dash, the door one's won't work. (Unless you re-wire obviously) Just plug the Speakers into the sony as they are from the toyota unit, then use the pre-outs to power the 6*9's.

Phono cables are easily converted to speaker cable with very little loss in sound quality if done correctly! A few years of theatre and show production tought me that!

Well, the dash speakers and door speakers are connected together anyway... in series. Unplug the dash, the door one's won't work. (Unless you re-wire obviously) Just plug the speakers into the sony as they are from the toyota unit, then use the pre-outs to power the 6*9's.

Phono cables are easily converted to speaker cable with very little loss in sound quality if done correctly! A few years of theatre and show production tought me that!

Thanks mate your most helpful! hopefully ill have my system upo and running!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links