Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Wing Mirrors

GiJoe90

When I bought my GT it looked like someone had knocked off the passenger wing mirror at some point and refixed it with the wrong screws. These were too long and were fouling on the bracket preventing the mirror from folding. I rectifyed this problem by putting some new, shorter screws in and it now manually folds just like the drivers side. On the window control there is a retract button which is meant to electronically fold the mirrors, this has never worked. How can I tell if my mirrors have this capability and what could you suggest to make them work? If say the passenger side mirror was jammed, would this stop both sides from folding when you press the retract button and blow a fuse or burn the motor out? The electronic adjust works fine on both sides btw.

Sorry for the long boring post :unsure:

Joe

It could just be something as simple as a power feed fuse on the folding circuit. Don't know where you'd find it though.

Rich

Yeah I've had a look around at the fuses but don't know where the wingmirror one is! I'd guess it runs off the same circuit as the tilt/adjust function though?

Joe

Not sure if this helps but on my ex girlfriends MR2, her dash clock and mirrors stopped working a while back.. must be on the same fuse.

It's the "DOME" fuse .. the lights and clock will die too.

If you hit the button and nothing happens .. do the mirrors "crunch" when you manually fold them .. as if they just click, the motors will not be there ..

It's the "DOME" fuse .. the lights and clock will die too.

If you hit the button and nothing happens .. do the mirrors "crunch" when you manually fold them .. as if they just click, the motors will not be there ..

It can't be the fuse then as the clock and lights work.

The mirrors don't sound too healthy when you manually fold them. I would have expected electric fold to be standard on all GT's?

Joe

import GT only ..

If they "crunch" then ther is a motor .. the manual fold just slide and click ..

hmmm, i don't have any button for leccy folders, but when i fold mine they "crunch" well... they "crick, crick, crick, crick, crick" in small steps...is the motor there but no button for it? :S

When I had my 300 ZX, sometimes the passenger side mirror would not fold in electrically, just the drivers one. it'd sometimes stick, it was still able to be push in manually, and it click click clicked as it folded back, so didn't do it manually. Sometimes, TOO muc gadgetry isn't always good.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links