Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Axle Stands On An Ae82

JT

where is the best place to support an AE82 at the front, as there just doesn't seem to be anywhere? ive never seen anyone put axle stands under the jacking points on the sill, so presume this is a bad idea?

can anyone help? :help:

As a man whos' GT has been on the dam things in the garage for the last 6 months i think i am in a reasonable position to lend assistance ( however dont blame me if it go's tit's up )

Front : the lower suspension swing arm which is Y shaped put the stand under the bit that fixes to the chasis ( spelling ) i used the rear one.

Rear : same again but on the centre of one of the two swing arms.

the whole thing depends on weather you need the wheel to be free flotign IE if you were droping out the strut Etc......

this method will not compress the suspension, or cause the arm to want to move up. that said i did have to re-pos one of mine slightly but just a tweek to allow it down enough to fit re built strut.

hope it helps............

( DO PUT A STACK OF SOLID BRICKS UNDER THE JACKING POINT'S AS IF THE STAND DOSE FAIL IT WILL SIT ON THE BRICKS AND NOT YOUR LEGS! :thumbsup: )

JT Posted Yesterday, 04:26 PM

now my calipers are red 

Brilliant, I said do that when you showed everyone your new wheels :)

indeed you did! and here they are... :D

85683997.jpg

85684032.jpg

85684051.jpg

and here's the exhaust (and you can see the arch that needs doing - next job! :P )

85684022.jpg

That car looks ace, plus the red calipers now match the red pin strip down the side

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links