Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Mot Time

urotsukidoji_badassdemon

To be eligible for the re-test, you must take the car to the same garage to be repaired. There is a list of free testable items - if the vehicle has failed for any of these items they must be retested before the end of the next working day by the same test station. All other items must have a full retest and can be charged at full cost. If the vehicle is left at the garage that carried out the test then a free retest in allowed with out a time limit. see here

Well, the garage phoned me up at nearly 6:30 tonight,

Garage- your car is ready to pick up sir

Me- Ah, finally.

G- yeah, we did alot of work to it.

Me- Ok, so how much is the bill?

G- It's 256 point 48

Me- silence, then two hundred and fifty six pounds forty eight?

G- yes, when would you like to pick your car sir?

Me- I'll be round in the morning. Bye.

Ok, so where the frell did this 256 quid come from exactly?!?!?!!? All that was needed was to balance the front brakes, adjust the handbrake travel, then replace A front brake hose. I don't think even Toyota charge THAT frelling much man. Yer ma's blox. Should I be expecting to see a new set of discs and pads all round on my car when I pick it up 2mro?? 256 quid!!! WTF man.

You should have had a second opinion, i used to have trouble like this with vauxhall dealers. Told them to look at something and they'd fix it without asking and gave me a massive bill, after a lot of shouting i got the work free.

Have been reading the thread and they sound like they are ripping you off, did they mention the brake pipe on first retest?

Well, for the initial test, the brake was was only put down as an ADVISORY, not a failure. BUT, when they phoned up after they had adjusted the h/b, and came to clean up my front brakes to balance them up, they said I needed to change one of the brake hoses, and they would NOT give me a MOT pass if I didn't have it changed cos it was corroded. So the brake hose switched from being an advisory item to a change out or no pass.

To be eligible for the re-test, you must take the car to the same garage to be repaired. There is a list of free testable items - if the vehicle has failed for any of these items they must be retested before the end of the next working day by the same test station. All other items must have a full retest and can be charged at full cost. If the vehicle is left at the garage that carried out the test then a free retest in allowed with out a time limit. see here

The garage I usually use can do the MOT, if it fails, you can either let them do the repairs or take it elsewhere to have them done, but the re-test re-done with the initial garage. They give you a week to get the car sorted and re-tested. It used to be 2 weeks yonks ago.

Just got car back, and checked what had been done, and they charged me frigging 50 quid for the frigging brake hose man. 50 quid!!

if ur not happy you can argue their findings ,ask the garage for the relevant form,they cant refuse you it ,or ask the dvla for the form ,an inspector will be sent out ,look at your car for you and investigate their prices and work done.The work you had done i would of done for £30 ,they have just took the urine out of you.but at 40 odd quid an hour labor you cant expect much else.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links