Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Break, Fix Or Sell ?

Jimlad

Break, fix or sell.  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Break, fix or sell.

• Break
    • Fix
    • Sell

Okay... as you may have read the other thread about me crashing. I'm now seriously racking my brains as to what I should do with the car now.

I basically have a few options...

a/ repair the car ( but it will be off the road for a few months )

b/ break the car. How much could I realistically get for this?? Obviously the bodykit, seats, lights etc are qorth quite a bit. Then you have engine bits and bobs.

c/ Sell the car as is and buy a gt4.

Would I get more money from breaking it or selling it ??

Jim = :(

I think you'll realistically get more from breaking the car and selling the components...

Im not sure whats damaged, but as you said, selling the seats, bodykit etc should fetch a reasonable amount.. add to that the engine, which you could probably sell, and perhaps parts of the suspension/bodyshell..

But selling it as a whole, while you probably wont get as much back, will probably be quicker and easier on your part (and you wont be left with anything that needs dumping)

I think you'll realistically get more from breaking the car and selling the components...

Im not sure whats damaged, but as you said, selling the seats, bodykit etc should fetch a reasonable amount.. add to that the engine, which you could probably sell, and perhaps parts of the suspension/bodyshell..

But selling it as a whole, while you probably wont get as much back, will probably be quicker and easier on your part (and you wont be left with anything that needs dumping)

Adding to the above. Apart from the bulk of the car, you`d be surprised how much you`d get for all the bibbly bobbly bits. I broke an old BMW that i bought for spares and made £1200 quid out of it. It`s a shame when it`s your pride and joy and after you`ve put money, sweat, blood and tears into it. But i think you need to be realistic. Tough call. Best of luck mate. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

i want you to fix it just cos i love the car, but the more economical thing to do is sell parts on a swap basis and get your car back on the road as a standardish tubby then decide what you want to do

Break it Jim. If you feel that way inclined, you'll get moer by selling the parts.

...and I've got dibs on you flywheel! :thumbsup:

Soz Jim :(

You prepared to get it fixed on insurance ? Do they know about the mods ? Dunno what the situation with with repaired custom bits, but i assume if the bodywork is insured properly, they should get it back to original condition (or write it off, and u can buy back to repair yourself).

Or mabey they are only prepared to fix it back to stock MR2 bodywork ?

Either way, the insurance will pay out a lot more than you are about to loose if you do it yourself.

I'd be on the phone I think for an insurance claim, dunno your position though.

Steve

nah... quite happily gonna get it all fixed myself. Might take time... but I'll have greater satisfaction in it.

I've got plans.. I've got plans.

ive got a broken ashtray if your after one!!!

not much good broken though.

There is no other option than to fix it!

Its only a couple of wings and a bumper.

And even better if russ can repair it!!

i say break it :bye: , im after the engine and ecu...........

thing is in all honesty though, will you be happy knowing its been fixed up?

i say break it :bye: , im after the engine and ecu...........

thing is in all honesty though, will you be happy knowing its been fixed up?

yeah.... wouldn't bother me. It's been fixed up before. I've crashed it in the past... lol.

It's a sweet looking motor, you've gotta fix it surely, the damage looks minimal really, compared to all the work you have put into it there really isnt much to get it strait surely :thumbsup:

don't worry dudes.. it's getting fixed... :)

I'm surprised that so many people are saying break it.. is it because they want bits from me motor ??..... Mmm ????

don't worry dudes.. it's getting fixed... :)

I'm surprised that so many people are saying break it.. is it because they want bits from me motor ??..... Mmm ????

I know a few people who want a few bits for a few quid :lol:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links