Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Gti Respray - Worth It?

vanillaice

Hi,

I guess this is one of those question that only i can answer but here goes...

I have been quoted £450 to "smarten up" my '91 Corolla. It has rust in all the usual places; all four arches, at the bottom of the glass in the tailgate, stone chips on the bonnet, around the rear passenger windows and the sunroof. As well as give the skirts and front and rear bumpers a touch up (i think they have been resprayed before as they are a different colour to the rest of the car).

I have used this resprayer before and am quite happy with the results.

I have grown quite attached to my car over the last 8-9 months and cant see myself changing it for at least a year (would love a civic type-r but thats a different story).

Just after some opinions of other GTI owners who may have been in a similar position themselves?

Thanks,

ICE

Your second line answeres it.....

... go with what you feel to be the best option, how bad is it?? would it fail and mot?? is that £450 that could be spent in other departments???

and remember, with body work... you get what you pay for!

:thumbsup:

I have done the work myself on my car and am quit epleased with the results. Although if I knew I could get it done decently for realistic money (like what you been quoted) then I'd definately get it done by a pro - to much like hard work for me :P

Just smartening it up and keeping it that way will hold it's resale price too :thumbsup:

£450 is a superb price and you say the chaps done work for you before (so obviously the best 'recomendation').

Before you do though take note of what Yaristpot said: will it pass another M.O.T?

Is the body Shell okay underneath? these GTi's are getting quite a reputation for corrosion in the areas you can't imediately see!

At the same time (and I speak from experiance) I can see why you get quite attached to your GTi.

if your attached to the car and its structuraly sound (check the rear strut towers for rot) then yeah go for it.

my rolla is having its second respray (colour change) and its just cost me £160 for paint alone .

Unity Jon Posted Today, 07:03 PM

£160, if only, the paint for my Buick Regal is £3000 alone..... 

:eek::eek::eek:

It is paint your having? ...and not Gold plating! :blink:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links