Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Exhausts?

Bryn

I recently bought myself an mr2 (blue j reg, 45000 miles lucky i think) n e way i wanna start moddin it but i dunno whats the best exhaust to buy. It aint a turbo cant afford that dunno if that matters. Also i need wheels what size would ppl recomend and any advise on particular wheels.

Cheers :D

Bryn

Hi Bryn

Hello and welcome to the club glad that you founds us :thumbsup: You asked about exhaust whats best well here's a post from a few weeks back click on the link mate :thumbsup:

http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.p...topic=29850&hl=

Have fun ;)

jerry!!

Cheers Mate tons of info there. Does it matter if its not a turbo are the exhausts the same what i mean is will they fit and work correctly. sorry im so ignorrant. newbie. plus do you know if they are easy to fit. is it rcomended to go to a garage or can you do it yourself?

Again cheers :D

Bryn

Really aint seen that purple beast goin about i will have to look out for that. No dice with the tubbie exhausts then. guess i'll have to find and after market one for mine then. cant find much just the mongoose and blitz NUR. i was thinkin i wanna stick with the twin but dont know what the mongoose sounds like.

The twos up in glasgow at the mo with me. Uni. FYI. but i will keep my eyes peel for yours next time im down

Bryn

I'm in Derby/Notts at the moment.. my two only comes up for weekends to visit the folks..

Regarding the zort, I would recomend going to a place like PowerFlow or something like that and getting a custom zorst made up for about the same price as a Mongoose, you get to choose how loud it will be and what the pipes will look like.

thats what I'm doing and you end up with a unique zorst.

Sweet Man, i thought that would cost alot more. You get to choose volume and pipes eh? that F***in Cool.

What about wheels. Do 18s fit on a two and what do they do to the handelin. I've had the car for about 2 months now and see it aint hard to get them i bit sideyways. Do 17s look alright aswell as they are cheeper.

Cheers for all the info guys. :D :) :D

Bryn

18's do go on and look very sweet.

here is Bibbs car,

gallery_5600_18_1108213430.jpg

I'm just gonna go for 17's when I can afford it, but they can look a little lost on a body kit.

Also, die hard MR2 owners say that handling goes downhill if you put anything bigger than 16's on.

Bryn !!! You onbly live 6miles from me!! I live in Galashiels!!

How about going custom with your exhaust?? Then you can get exactly what you like.

Yeah man ive seen your car alot . Damn sweet man. Man i read about the smash that sucks :censor: i feel for ya.

Yeah i think im gunno go custom like. Im up at uni at the mo in glasgow and there is a dealership near me. Drivers i think. so ill head in and have a word with them.

Im still stuck about wheels i dunno what to go for, 18s or 17s. i heard that 17s are better for the handling but dunno what they would look like size wise. What you got on your Jim they look good in terms of size?

Cheers

Bryn :thumbsup:

mr2s look excellent with 17s. not too big, not too small. if you lower the car, it would look especially superb. heres my car with 17" lexus wheels

569365_1_full.jpg

Yeah man ive seen your car alot . Damn sweet man. Man i read about the smash that sucks :censor:  i feel for ya.

Yeah i think im gunno go custom like.  Im up at uni at the mo in glasgow and there is a dealership near me. Drivers i think. so ill head in and have a word with them.

Im still stuck about wheels i dunno what to go for, 18s or 17s. i heard that 17s are better for the handling but dunno what they would look like size wise.  What you got on your Jim they look good in terms of size?

Cheers

Bryn :thumbsup:

If you don't go custom I would defo recommend the buddyclub racing spec exhaust. Failing that a mongoose ( I used to havea mongoose ).

My wheels are 17's. I would like 18's but supposedly on the handling side of things they're not as good. Personnaly I've not driven with 18's so I can't say if this is the case or not.

18"s are fine .. I've had stock 15", Enkei 16" Split rims, BBS 17" and now BK 18".

15"

1_G_002.sized.jpg

16"

gallery_5600_18_1100251212.jpg

17"

gallery_5600_18_1103047970.jpg

18"

gallery_5600_18_1108213430.jpg

Bibbs mate, that photograph below is the mutts nuts. I think the new look is just a tad ott fo my liking. The one below is spot on. :thumbsup:

gallery_5600_18_1103047970.jpg

that pic was the week before border and low rise went on ..

Watching the footie, supping the beer :thumbsup:

When you back up north mate?

Joe

Bibbs whats the craic with the front bonnet sticking up thing?

Its for people that hit is bonnet during long journeys apparantly bibbs plays alot of carmageddon

that pic was the week before border and low rise went on ..

Watching the footie, supping the beer :thumbsup:

When you back up north mate?

Joe

In Liverpool in 2 weeks, but proper? Dunno, !Removed! I suppose :)

Bibbs whats the craic with the front bonnet sticking up thing?

Its for people that hit is bonnet during long journeys apparantly bibbs plays alot of carmageddon

Ha ha, it keeps the front end down at high speed ..

Through the twisties it's not so effective as the downforce is relational to you speed. I mainly notice it in the wet .. in monsoon weather the front tryes now don't aquaplain like they used to.

And the 7" telly is in the dash :)

.. in monsoon weather the front tryes now don't aquaplain like they used to.

So any day with a "Y" in it in the UK.

.. in monsoon weather the front tryes now don't aquaplain like they used to.

So any day with a "Y" in it in the UK.

Exactly .. with my suspension setup the car was very good in the dry .. Just saw it for sale and though it may help get round Nur' a bit quicker ..

Got my Koni's set mid to "shake your fillings out" at the moment 'coz it's dry. What a difference! Roll on summer B)

...just have to turn the boost down or get a bigger IC then! :crybaby:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links