Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Mocal Boost Gauge

newtomymr2

OK, My F.C.D, TB boost controller, Toyo Proxes, Induction kit,MOCAL boost gauge, NGK Iridium spark plugs, Magnecor leads, EBC brake discs ,EBC pads,Mobil 1 oil, and filter are all sitting in the corner of the living room (crystal clear's fitted) shouting at me :wacko: .....( or is that the Mrs :unsure: )

...anyway, everything looks ok to fit to me, only thing I'm not sure of is the boost gauge, I got a MOCAL white face 30psi gauge, I can see where the Vac Pipe?( I presume its called that anyway) fits into the gauge, but where does that then go? before or after the boost controller? in line with that I mean, or does it go elsewhere? Also there are 2 prongs at the back of the gauge , they look like some kind of electrical point? so what connects to that? is it just for lighting the gauge or something? if so how? or if not, what the hell is it for? :help::help::help:

MOT next week, :(

Cambelt strait after :crybaby::crybaby: :( :angry: :censor: :crybaby::huh:

then its zorst and downpipe time :D .... perhaps I'm cramming too much in over the course of a couple of weeks :help: but I cant sleep properly thinking about what I want doing to the damn car :wacko: so it must be done at once.... :rolleyes:

tap it into the diagnostic hose on the back of the engine bay (drivers side, boot wall).

OK, My F.C.D, TB boost controller, Toyo Proxes, Induction kit,MOCAL boost gauge, NGK Iridium spark plugs, Magnecor leads, EBC brake discs ,EBC pads,Mobil 1 oil, and filter are all sitting in the corner of the living room (crystal clear's fitted) shouting at me  :wacko: .....( or is that the Mrs :unsure: )

...anyway, everything looks ok to fit to me, only thing I'm not sure of is the boost gauge, I got a MOCAL white face 30psi gauge, I can see where the Vac Pipe?( I presume its called that anyway) fits into the gauge, but where does that then go? before or after the boost controller? in line with that I mean, or does it go elsewhere? Also there are 2 prongs at the back of the gauge , they look like some kind of electrical point? so what connects to that? is it just for lighting the gauge or something? if so how? or if not, what the hell is it for? :help:  :help:  :help:

MOT next week,  :(

Cambelt strait after  :crybaby:  :crybaby:  :(  :angry:  :censor:  :crybaby:  :huh:

then its zorst and downpipe time  :D .... perhaps I'm cramming too much in over the course of a couple of weeks  :help:  but I cant sleep properly thinking about what I want doing to the damn car  :wacko:  so it must be done at once.... :rolleyes:

Get vac tubing from rsonline, the two connectors are for your light on the gauge, tap one into the + from your ciggy lighter and the - off the other, run the tubing along the carpet and up behind the drivers seat, there is a grommet through to the engine bay, tap into the tube that is connected to the boost sensor.

To Fit my boost gauge, i took out the drivers side door pillar cover, and drilled a hole in that on the flat bit thats at the back of the dash right in the corenr, by the window, you'll see where i mean. :D

Then i ran the vac tubing behind the dash, and through the centre console (where the hand break and gear shifter are), i then passed the tube through to the engine bay from the passenger side (i found this easier, and there was more room from this side as well on the engine side)

I connected the tube to a vac pipe comming from my inlet manifold (get true manifold pressure)

The boost controller needs to be connected to the vac tube between the turbo, and the actuator. I wouldnt connect your boost gauge here aswell, as im not sure how much of a true reading you would get with the boost controller adjusting ?!?!?! ;) :unsure::wacko: .

"coulnt think of a name" is correct, the pins on the boost gauge are just for the backlight. :thumbsup:

Cheers bound, that little project has taken a little set back, just finished fitting my EBC discs, front and rear pads, adjusted the hand brake, and yes you guessed it, the cables are :censor: takes about 10 clicks of the hanbrake to hold the car and thats at full adjustment :ffs:

time to get hunting them down then, before I start playing with boost controllers and gauges :(

Got my Toyo Proxes on the front though, never realised how a decent pair of tyres could look so good :thumbsup:

didnt get the rears done cos I could only get 17" 215/40 's so I wasnt sure if they would be ok on the back , as they have 17" 215/45 's , any opinions anybody? would the 40's be ok on the back, little harder ride I know , but I just want to know if it will cause any probs?

Was nice to see my 2 looking pretty good underneath though, on the face of it the paint is pretty :censor: , but the underbody looks pretty mint, was expecting 2" of oil and dirt caked all over it

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links