Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Evo 7/8 Wheels Onto Mr2?

alex_93gtuk

Been searching through eBay, and im loving the standard evo 8 enkei alloys. They seem to be the same PCD as the MR2 5 x 114.3, and similar offset from what ive found on one website (+35 Mr2 and +30 for evo?)

Now, can anyone confirm this for me? Also, the evo 8 alloys come with 235 profile rubber. But does this mean that the wheels are 17" x 8? Bit to much for the front of an MR2!

If theyre 7.5" wide then they may be ok? Can anyone shed anymore light on this?

Alex

81_1_b.JPG

Ok it seems these wheels are 17" x 8". How will an 8" wheel look on the front of a 2? Am I right in thinking 7" is about as wide as you should go before it sticks right out!?

Alex

8 is too big, rubbin becomes an issue, unless you get spacers then as u said theyll be stickin out too much

8" wheels are ok on the front as long as the offset is correct.

Jim has 8" all round on his with no probs... looks good too.

Great stuff! If I find a decent set not too far away I can always go and offer them up on the car just to see.

Jim, what size wheels you got? 17"? and what profile tyres do you run on them. Like I said, 235/45s' come as standard on these wheels which im sure is fine for the rear, its just up front im unsure.

Alex

i had 18x8's all round on my car and had no issues with rubbing. so long as they are the right offset you will be fine. you need to run a 215 tyre up front tho.

Ok, thanks for the replies so far.

All looks good for these Evo 8 rims. I have found out that the Evo 8 wheel offset is 38, and in another pinned topic on this board ive found that the MR2 need 35-42.

So without actually offering these wheels up, all looks good for the transplant!

Alex

i tried a set of supra alloys on mine and the 8 front wouldnt fit, must have been an offset thing then.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links