Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Not Sure If I'll End Up With A 2 Now

Fitz

Having more agro selling my car than I expected and if I don't get the price I want I am not going to have a choice fro many MR2's. Infact, T Bar's could be out of the question and I just can't make my mind up about a sunroof one. I'm now humming and harring over a gen 5 celica as a back up plan. My gen 4 was a great car so I know I will love the gen 5....but I'm sure I'll be pining for a 2 espacially as my mate has just got a 2 turbo :crybaby:

Really dunno what to do, buy a gen 5, maybe run it about for a while untilo I can afford more cash for a 2 and trade it in or keep up high hopes and settle for a sunroof 2. I'm just thinking that around the £2000 mark, most are jap spec which is stupid insurance and the rest of the UK cars are racking up the mileage and bottom of the price range so would I be stupid buying a 2 at that price?

:( desisions decisions

I know it's all my choice at the end of the day, but any thoughts guys?

jap spec insurance isnt always silly! i think your better off just savin as much as you can for now till you shift your rover and goin straight for your mr2.

And remember, this is the time of the year to buy an MR2.. they go up in price in the summer because everyone wants one when its sunny!

And remember, this is the time of the year to buy an MR2.. they go up in price in the summer because everyone wants one when its sunny!

true.... for a seller this is the worst time.. but for a buyer, the best.

Right, still keen for a 2 and I may get a sunroof model if no decent t bars about at the time.

Jim, sadly ths time of year makes no odds to me as I'm selling a targa roof car so prices fluctuate like the 2.

whoooo hoooo, the Rover finaly sold today on eBay so the hunt is on for a 2.

I basically have £2000 to spend and I don't care if it's a t bar or a sunroof model, just as long as it's a UK spec and not a G Ltd.

Spotted a couple of possibles so going to arrange viewings during the next couple of days.

Will keep you informed and fingers crossed :D

hey congrats bud... :thumbsup:

just a word of caution.. dont buy the 1st one you see.. make sure its the 'right' one for you.. and there aint notin wrong with 5th gen celica's... lol... as i use dto own 2 of them before the tubby.. :yes:

We will make a proud MR2 owner out of you yet!

If you cant get a T-Bar, dont forget you can remove the sunroof (moonroof) anyway and not be bothered with leaks.

Try and hold out for a T-Bar tho... just my personal opinion :P

Where you from Fitz??

Banzai motors sorted me out - there up in Whitley Bay near Newcastle so it mite be out of your way.

If not check them out - he had 5 MR2's in - 2 were Rev 3's to. :drool:

Happy hunting - :thumbsup:

Oh just remember - this is the time to test as much out as poss, so make sure you do.

Well, the Rover went to the new owner tonight and I just called up a 2 that is local to me (when I got home) It's still for sale so going to take a look. Seems a bit cheap though, so going in a bit weary.

dunno if this link will work:

http://pictures.autotrader.co.uk/ATD_web/s...ia?id=153013271

1990 TOYOTA MR2 GT T-Bar Sports 2dr Coupe

UK ,Leather,ABS,16'' alloys, just had major service cam belt brakes, C/L,E/M,E/W all MOT's 11 Mths TAX&MOT. 134000 miles. £1750.

Service history stamped up till 58K, then services by owner, bodywork clean and angine runs well with no unusual rattles aparently. no other mods than the wheels.

any thoughts?

looks good... and the mileage shouldn't put you off as long as it's been well looked after.

Nah, mileage wont put me off. Mt old Celica had a lot more on the clock than that and it ran just as wel as I imagine it did when new.

Well, I'm going to look at that one, pluss call up a few others for test drives to get the feel of a good and a bad one. Planning on finding a cheap £150ish car by Friday so I can go to work, that way no need to rush about and buying the first 2 that comes along.

Fitz,

Did you get the PM I sent you about my car?

Alex

Ah damn it, I forgot to reply. Really sorry, life's blooming hecktic at the mo, what with selling one car, looking for a cheap runabout and a 2 and job hunting.

anyway, I'm waffling now..... You've got a lovely car there but as per my post earlier, I only have £2000 so your car is out of my budget sadly :crybaby:

Ok matey, now worries at all. Im toying with the idea of enjoying it for the first part of the summer and then trying to sell again then.

Good luck with your hunt

Alex

I basically have £2000 to spend and I don't care if it's a t bar or a sunroof model, just as long as it's a UK spec and not a G Ltd.

Find another 500 quid and you can have mine....

568586_46_full.jpg

Find another 500 quid and you can have mine....

568586_46_full.jpg

Thats a Jap one..... I'm not paying twice as much on the insurance for a Jap spec, sorry fella.

nice plug though ;)

Its not jap mate, just got the front tobes on it because they came with the bumper and they are shorter than the uk ones.

I'm in no rush to sell anyway but i will be on the hunt near the start of the summer for something more sensible (gt4!)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links