Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Magpies

breezer

are magpies an endangered bird?

why do you only see them now and then? how come you rarely see one by itself??

just a few questions to put my mind and rest

:rolleyes:

:)

NO magpies are not endangered they are just ALL living in Rochdale :P

plus on a more serious note Magpies are very socaiable birds within their own families eg sisters and brothers will often stay with Mum and Dad, they are very territorial often attacking non family members. :thumbsup:

Ash

I am also bored :unsure:

Any more Biological or animal type questions???? just ask :P

I have just finished my Psychology essay and I can answer anything lol as long as it related to the above. :thumbsup:

Ash B)

ive run over no end of them

they are always pinching bits of alloy swarf from our factory from what the skip wagon drops!

If you ever venture to St James' Park you'll see about 48,000 plus 4000 away fans :rolleyes:

If you ever venture to St James' Park you'll see about 48,000 plus 4000 away fans :rolleyes:

Thats the first thing I thought off when I saw the title!

Dont see too many of the feathered variety around here, all just massive black crows! lol

(Come on the toon!) :thumbsup:

Does anybody remember?

1/ for sorrow

2/ for joy

3/ for a girl and

4/ for a boy

5/ for silver

6/for gold

7/ for a secret never to be told

8/ a wish and

9/ a kiss

10/ for a bird you must not miss------------------------------------------

SAD or what? :lol:

there is a flock of magpies living in the trees at our house, mst be near 20 of em lol. wicked wee ******ers too, got a habbit of attacking our cat! lol!!

Am i right in thinking that Magpies are regarded as vermin and one of the few birds you are still legally entitled to shoot? (But not in the breeding season)

Which is a bit of an anathma really because they`re very closely related to Jay`s which are a protected species. Both are members of the crow family. :)

Thats todays nature lesson over with. :)

anything that sits in your garden is classed as vermin... some stupid country law i spose when really they are just a bunch of miserable gits.

leave the sqirrels, pigeons and magpies alone for petes sake

anything that sits in your garden is classed as vermin... some stupid country law i spose when really they are just a bunch of miserable gits.

leave the sqirrels, pigeons and magpies alone for petes sake

Totally agree with you. Not too sure about pigeons tho. There`s two out on my bird table now. Poor little sparrows aren`t getting a look in. :huh:

Any more Biological  or animal type questions???? just ask :P

I have just finished my Psychology essay and I can answer anything lol as long as it related to the above. :thumbsup:

Ash B)

Ok, why do my dogs go round and round in circles before they lie down in their beds?

It's really annoying sometimes because they do it for ages.

patting down the bed??..... trying to make themselves feel tired??.... exercise??.....boredum??........or maybe they know it annoys u??

Ash B)

Ok, why do my dogs go round and round in circles before they lie down in their beds?

oh so true!! my dogs does that alot!

Ash B)

patting down the bed??..... trying to make themselves feel tired??.... exercise??.....boredum??........or maybe they know it annoys u??

Actually Barry`s not too far away from the truth, with the 1st bit of his reply. In the wild dogs will, provided they haven`t taken over a burrow, sleep in the open but usually with their backs to something firm. Long grass or brush is a favourite. The turning round thing is actually like patting down the bedding to make it more comfortable. :) Not so daft are they?

Hey Asha... We could make money at this. :lol::lol:

Hmmmm makes sense. So it's an in-bred type thing and doesn't matter that they have nice soft comfortable beds.

Just wish they would stop clawing at the leather settee to try and "fluff it up" around them, it won't work!

Magpies are classed as a nuisance in the country side as they steal eggs from other birds, especially song birds.

Farmers usually trap one or two and leave them in a cage to encourage other magpies to come to them. Unbeknown to the visiting magpie there is usually a 12 bore shotgun waiting to finish them off. Consequently the song bird population expands. Sad but true.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links