Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

My Poor Rolla!

FineCactus

Went to a local pub on Friday night, my turn to drive.

Parked up away from any cars, so to avoid drunken gimps slamming doors etc against the side. Went in side, the usual insults thrown between mates and general good time was been had. Then I hear my rolla screaming for my attention with her alarm and lights going ten to a dozen. I go outside to calm her down to find the front bumper all scratched, grill and panel pushed in and busted head light! :ffs:

Some :censor: :censor: had reversed into her then sped off! :ffs:

Why cant people have respect for other people and their property! If you reverse into another car etc be honest and do the right thing leave your details!

I was thinking of a set of springs and a exhaust, but now the budget is set for a respray, grill, pannel and head light :(

Im one serious :censor: off, cactus!

Went to a local pub on Friday night, my turn to drive.

[sNIP]

Bad luck - I was once hit by a hit & run driver, ruddy annoying when it happens..............they should be strung up.

Make sure you report it to the police. Chances are they wont actually do anything as no personal injury was caused. But do it anyway if you haven`t already. Because they will then have to list it in their crime statistics. Too many people don`t bother. :huh:

Sorry to hear that mate!

Some people just have no respect. :(

Hope you get it all sorted soon! :yes:

Gutted for you mate :(

Last week someone hit my company car whilst it was parked out side my house. The next morning a bloke rings the bell to say he witnessed it all and gave the vans details. I found the van parked around the corner and approached the builder/s who drive it. They denied at first until I showed them the damage to their van. They were alright about it all in the end.

I take it there were no witnesses? Or spotted a local car with bits of red and scuffs on it?

check with the pub to see if they have CCTV , many have and you may be able to get reg details from it.

worth a try.

did they leave any paint behind? what colour? if they havnt got cctv try hanging around the pub checking cars in the car park for damage whoever did it may be a local and might be dumb enough to come back. i can assume that by the sounds of it the other vehicle will have some damage and shouldnt be to difficult to spot IF they come back jot down the number and call the feds or your mates :boxing:

FineCactus  Yesterday, 10:39 AM Post #1 

...to find the front bumper all scratched, grill and panel pushed in and busted head light! 

Some  :censor:  had reversed into her then sped off! 

Why cant people have respect for other people and their property! If you reverse into another car etc be honest and do the right thing leave your details!

I was thinking of a set of springs and a exhaust, but now the budget is set for a respray, grill, pannel and head light 

Im one serious  :censor:  off, cactus! 

Right Sir!

Last year you very kindly offered me your Chrome Grill when I was trying to obtain a replacement Mesh Grill for my GS (No thanks to my local Toyota dealer who will only supply parts which correspond to the appropriate chassis number of said car! Eventually purchased of different dealer).

I still retained my old Grill (as a Spare) and 'repaired' the buckled mesh. It appears to be fine and no mesh is 'Kinked'.

Would you like to have my old mesh grill to help you with your 'repairs' for free. I do not wish to charge you as you have enough problems, if you 'PM' me your address I will send it to you (hopefully GPO wont break it).

Sorry I can't help with more items

Hope you do find the 'Scum' who did it.

Twincam.GTi

They denied at first until I showed them the damage to their van. They were alright about it all in the end.

Only cos you had an eyewitness. They denied it, hoping to get away with it and only fessed up when they knew that they couldn't get away with it. If they were alright about it they would have at least left you a note when it happened.

Cactus.....Gutted for you mate. Good luck with getting it all resolved

Rich

Right Sir!

Last year you very kindly offered me your Chrome Grill when I was trying to obtain a replacement Mesh Grill for my GS (No thanks to my local Toyota dealer who will only supply parts which correspond to the appropriate chassis number of said car! Eventually purchased of different dealer).

I still retained my old Grill (as a Spare) and 'repaired' the buckled mesh. It appears to be fine and no mesh is 'Kinked'.

Would you like to have my old mesh grill to help you with your 'repairs' for free. I do not wish to charge you as you have enough problems, if you 'PM' me your address I will send it to you (hopefully GPO wont break it).

Sorry I can't help with more items

Hope you do find the 'Scum' who did it.

Twincam.GTi

Thanks mate, but the grill its self is ok. The panel that it sits above has got pushed in, to which has pushed the grill into a funny angle. Thanks again for the offer though! :thumbsup:

The pub doesnt have any CCTV, but I think it was a wife or girlfriend dropping her bloke off at the pub. It was about 8pm and when the alarm went off I looked out and cought sight of a silver VW Passatt driving away. In my rush to get out side i pushed pass a bloke just coming in. He later said he walked to the pub but with a smug cocky smirk.

No paint has been left on the car from what i can see, but to be honest with the weather the old girl is a tad dirty so can tell for sure.

The lads and I are going to the pub this Friday and going to hang about to see if any VW Passatts come in etc. The pub you see is a country 1 and you tend to get the same people in there from week to week. You never know.

I had a quote from a mate of a mate who does paint work etc, said he would do a respray for £200. Which would be the entire front bumper and the pannel below the grill. I've already replaced the headlamp as i need the car for work.

As in the great words of Pulp Fiction "you just dont mess with another mans wheels!"

I feel for you Cactus. Someone reversed into my AE92 2 years ago. They were in a work Transit and didn't give 2 hoots. If I hadn't of seen them do it, they would have driven off.

The case almost went to court cos it took the insurance company 98 days to sort my money out. I had a courtesey car for the whole time which was costing £55 per day. I got £1000 for my car, plus I got it back for free. The repair center where my car was left, was chaging a further £30 a day for storage.

Total cost to the insurance company was £9,330. And all for an E reg Corolla GTI, no damage to the transit as it had one of those T-bars at the back.

That's one of the reasons why insurance premiums are so much, because they take so long to sort out the cash that it costs them 10 times as much as it should.

I was lucky and got some cash. Your not so lucky. There are alot of @rseholes out there!! :angry:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links