Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Bodywork Is A Pain!

dawolf

I'm getting fed up with some of my bodywork now. Although it's mostly in very good condition, the sun was making it look bad in places today coz it showed up the faded and discoloured front wings and fuel cap as well as minor dents in the rear quarter (being sorted Wednesday). Looks like I'd better start getting some quotes for re-spraying the panels. My only worry is that they won't be able to get an exact match with the rest of the bodywork which will obviously have faded a bit over the years. I just want it looking as good as possible for summer B) .

It isa pain in the **** mate... especially if you are as fussy as me! (by your post it sounds like it!!!)

My black supra is 17 years old without a single spec of rust...

However I want tbe bumpers respreying as someone stuck annoying corner guards on them.. need the roof respreying as I broke the old one :censor: anda couple of door dings taking out...

as I had a red pearl paint (factory toyota finish) I am conviced the paint will not be perfect match, so I am (when I can afford too) getting the entire thing respreyed in one hit... its the only way you can be sure! (see the pics in garage, it doesn't look THAT bad... its just not *perfect*

SAme goes for the grey one, couple of rot patches, off colour panales.. the only way? total blow over!!!

with redundancy hovering over my head... its not looking good!

Yeah I suppose a full blowover would be the best way but that would be pretty expensive I guess. Just gonna get the wings and fuel cap resprayed in toyota black and see if they can blend it in to match existing paintwork. I'm sure it'll look better than it does now anyway. Yes I am quite fussy about certain things including the car, lol.

I got my first Mr2 a full blow over for £500 at some place under the arches in reading..

looked good too!

only 600! where was that? im gettin mine done end of april to get rid of the gouges and scratches and have been quoted 500 for just a flash.

I'm just paranoid about gettinga "cheap job"

who ever has done the previous paintwork on my grey car wants to be hung drawn and quartered! colour miss matches, cracked laquer, worse still is you can see where they "masked off" the rear windows... there is a noticable step where the new paint was applied!!!

Another phobia on mine is "orange peel" paint *shudder*

I've been told black is quite hard to match up :huh: , especially coz the bright sunlight shows up any imperfections that other lighter colours can get away with. Gonna get some quotes today hopefully.

Well it seems that Chips Away are unable to get to the dents because they're right up next to the fuel cap, they wanted to use filler to repair them but I don't want to go that route.

So I took it to a nearby bodyshop who said they can smooth out the dents by removing the fuel cap and getting in behind it. They are also going to respray the cap which has gone a bit dull. £95 all in, seems good to me.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links