Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Starting Query...

System~G

When I had my Fiesta (oh the shame) I went back to it one day after being at work, put the key in the ignition and all that happened was a "click" came from the engine every time I turned the key :angry:. Had to call the RAC out as I was stuck on the 2nd floor of a multi storey alone, had to give it a bump start and got it home..mechanic said the starter motor had burnt out.

http://www.bba-reman.com/rovermsb.htm

www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=19469

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...=16862&hl=spike

Look at these links..

Now look at what i said...

As far as i know, and i am by no means a mechanic, it has something to do with the ampage or power or something.. but when the other car starts . the power from it travels back up the leads and into your battery.. this MAY damage the ECU. some senSors or something?? possibility.

I said MAY cos problems with a sencor or something. I also said i am in know way a mechanic ( this should have made people realize to check out their problem further)

I did NOT say it ALWAY'S happens and i did NOT say it it can happen with ALL cars.. what i did say was that it is a possibilty that it could happen.

I hoped my reply would have given Systwm-g something else to be aware of , or at least somethig else to look into in more detail (maybe he allready has) i am sticking by what i said, it DOES happen on occasions (again, not EVERY time and NOT every CAR!)

If you still think i am talking "complete and utter rubbish." then thats fine by me.. you are entitled to your opinion.. But IF things do go wrong ( i said IF) don't say you weren't warned of the POSSIBILITY!.

No problem Garrick.  :thumbsup:

After being in the motor trade (HGV) for 36 years and being laid off I get  a bit bored. So my replies are based on truck experiences.

You guys are probably right about the car side of it, but you can't blame me for being cautious on your behalf in trying to save you  some unecessary expense.  ;)

Les

No probs Les :thumbsup:

I said MAY cos problems with a sencor or something. I also said i am in know way a  mechanic ( this should have made people realize to check out their problem further)

I did NOT say it ALWAY'S happens and i did NOT say it it can happen with ALL cars.. what i did say was that it is a possibilty that it could happen.

I hoped my reply would have given Systwm-g something else to be aware of , or at least somethig else to look into in more detail (maybe he allready has) i am sticking by what i said, it DOES happen on occasions (again, not EVERY time and NOT every CAR!)

If you still think i am talking "complete and utter rubbish." then thats fine by me..  you are entitled to your opinion..  But IF things do go wrong ( i said IF) don't say you weren't warned of the POSSIBILITY!.

cfc, I was not trying to have a personal dig at you, yes you did give me something to think about, but it still made me chuckle to myself as I have jump started many cars in the past with no problem. I appologise they way my reply may have sounded when read back :thumbsup:

I was not refering to you (or anyone that has responded to this thread) when I went on about people posting tripe...

I again applogise for things I may have said in my last post. I am not having a good day. The car I want (not the one I was refering to when I started this thread) for my next project is possibly going to be sold to someone else as they have given a higher offer that I can't match. And I am well :censor: off about it :censor: :censor: :censor:

Cool I'm glad it's all sorted now :group-cuddles:

This topic is now pointless anyway because I have no interest inthe car that was having starting problems.

Also I am in a much better mood now that I won the my next project on eBay even though I had to raise my bidding by £80 more than I initially wanted to pay. But still worth it B)

New Project Topic Here

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links