Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Uprating Brakes (not On A Toyota)

Rookey

Just thought I'd dip into the pool of knowledge here once again, but this time its not on a toyota .. Its for Alan_21's car (CRX).

He has just bought a set of spankingly big Hi-Spec 310mm 4 pot brakes for the front but has a little bit of a problem. The brakes he got were for a VTEC and his hubs are a non-VTEC, therefore are about 2mm smaller.

Instead of him getting new bells for the disc (taking ages) are there any things he can do to get the disc to sit "true" to the hub? A spiggot ring or something to widen the hub maybe?

It's just to see really if he could save money etc ..

Cheers

Dave

By retro-fitting the new discs using a ring as you mention would be a huge chance to take.

You really don't want to take short-cuts when it comes to braking systems - it kinda keeps you alive ;)

What sort of power is he running to justify a huge brake upgrade?

Well once the brakes are true, there are lips on the end of the wheel nuts to hold it in place ..

He will be running at VTEC transplant at the ring, then shortly after that a turbo build so looking at about 280-290 ..

Hispec_2.jpg

Hispec_1.jpg

What about getting Vtec hubs froma scrappie?

Nice 4 pots!!!

Looking forward to seeing this car done!

He has vtec hubs, by as far as I know, they give him too much positive camber, and the camber correction kit he has is a bit poo ..

Yeh man, his car should be sweet as a nut on the track ..

he's done a lot to try and get a good time, personally I think he is an awesome driver anyway, and once he gets to grip with the beginning and end parts of the ring he should be knocking a chunk out of his time.

I think I may realise what colour fear is when I'm the passenger in his car around the ring though, apparently the passenger heart rate is more than that of the driver as the passenger has no idea whats going on?lol

Hi,

Yeah the problem is that I ordered a set for the non Vtec rex ( smaller hubs and caliper mounts)

They sent the correct caliper bracket the correct caliper and disc but the wrong bells. Im not going to fabricate anything to make them fit, Im waiting for Hi spec to call me back saying they have some of the correct bells in stock!

They better because if they don't i wont have them for the ring.

I have a set of Vtec hubs but the problem there is once the caliper is mounted, it touches the inside of my wheel.

So new bells is the only way to go on this.

cheers for the comments!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links