Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Can Some One Help?

aa120n

you may of read my other posts about how much of a problem i'm having getting my alloy's on my car, and i'm sure it's the shocks which are to short.

these are the same as mine:

shocks

could anyone with a rev 2 measure there suspension on the front, from the very bottom to the bottom of the bracket which joins the hub, (hope thats clear :blink: )

it doesn't matter if it's been lowered or not but could you tell me that aswel please.

if you don't understand what i mean please tell me and ill try and make it clearer. :D

yikes fella you really are having fun with them thar pesky alloys!

if these eBay ones are the same shocks as yours then i must agree with most of the statements on the other threads - that they (yours) do appear to be standard, and that it is most likey an offset prob with your alloys.

failing that you may have a slight kink in your strut or some hub problem which could have affected your camber, making your alloy lean in at the top and consequently closer to the strut spring seat. - trust me this is a realistic problem - my car is like this at the mo' :ffs:

putting a new shocker and hub on will cure this, so would buying some of those camber adjusting bolts £30ish, but of course this would be a temporary/shortcut route! :unsure:

i've got a set of 17" split rims (waiting for a refurb) 7j fronts and 8j rear - j=inch and they sit dangerously close on that dodgy strut.

i'd be tempted to borrow, lend, or buy a camber tool that gives you a readout - you may find the bent strut thing to be true - think ive seen one on twosrus.co.uk for about £70 or £15 hire for 30 days.

hth :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links