Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Cat

Humayun

Hey guys/gals. Sorry if ur sick of seein my posts on here. I would like to kno if its worth de-cattin my exhaust? It a EE90 (191 corolla gl) with the 2E 1.3 carb engine.

Because my car is 1991 registerd, will i have to keep the cat for MOT's or is my car old enough?

Finally would removing the cat result in much of a power increase? I already hav a backbox fitted.

The little 12v engine is alot slower than my previous 1.3 16v starlet, i just wana make the rolla abit more nippy. Due to lack of performance im considerin sellin the car, saving up and gettin a 1.3 16v 92-97 corolla :(

Thanx for any help :thumbsup:

You should not have any problems with meeting the MOT emissions standards that I've seen, even without a cat. Of course, I don't know whether they have a problem with you removing the cat in the first place. Here in the U.S., if we are caught driving without a cat, we face a $1500 fine.

If it weren't such a hassle to implant a fuel injected engine into an originally carb'd car, I would suggest ripping the 4E-FE and its peripherals out of an EE101 at the breakers. If you really like the car, it might be worth it, but to that token, you could also do an EP82/EP91 Starlet GT Turbo/Glanza V 4E-FTE turbo, which puts out 133-135 bhp in stock form and has switchable high/low boost power levels from the factory (135 bhp/115 bhp).

Humayun Posted Today, 02:51 PM

Hey guys/gals. Sorry if ur sick of seein my posts on here. I would like to kno if its worth de-cattin my exhaust? It a EE90 (191 corolla gl) with the 2E 1.3 carb engine.

Because my car is 1991 registerd, will i have to keep the cat for MOT's or is my car old enough?

Hang on :eek::eek::eek:

There should be no catalitic convertor on any pre '93 UK spec Corolla (i.e. yours).

Also any car built before 1993 in Great Britain does not by law (or M.OT. requirement) need to have a 'Cat' even if orignally fitted with one when new (Although if you do 'de-cat' there are some cases of having to re-adjust vehicle settings).

yeah thats right theres no cat just a silencer in the middle pipe and then the rear box, u could just get a totally striaght thru pipe and itll still pass the MOT, would obviously be noisy as f*** tho... maybe thats what ur after....

Thanx for the replies huys, ive got under the car and it definately looks like ive got a cat, if not it looks like the pipng jus gets a little wide after my center box.

If i do remove the cat and its stupidly loud then i will put in the center box off my starlet 2quieten it down if necessary.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links