Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Boost

Markturbo

i manage to get my boost turned up on my tubby to 1 bar but it doesn't hold a bar of boost it drops straight back to 10 - 11 psi of boost i think half way in between 0.5 - 1 bar of boost i have filter, downpipe, exhaust but the flexi pipe is blowing colder grade plugs and a fcd

any ideas why it doesn't hold the turbo was only rebuilt 6-7 months ago ;)

is there a way the actuator can be checked you don't think its anything to do with the flexi pipe blowing i have just bought a new exhaust which will be here next week

Flexi wouldn'tmake you loos that much boost (I'd have thought).

Only way to check an actuator is to get a hose on the pipe and pressurise it and see when it releases :)

Get a FCD and G-valve and it'll be fine :D

i for got to say i have a g valve and fcd and the boost goes up to a 1.0-1.1 bar boost but then just gradually drops to bout 11 psi i thought it would hold a bar boost all the way threw i will see what happens when i get my new exhaust on next week

sorry to hijack your thread mark but I'm in the middle of fitting my g-valve as we speak or type whatever, anyway, how did you get the valve to fit, did you go from under the car by any chance, or fit a longer length of hose, cos coming from the top of the engine I just cant see how I will ever get the %$(ler on :ffs: I've removed the airbox as I'm fitting an induction kit at the same time, so I have nicked as much room as possible, just cant seem to get the the b :censor: d, theres two hoses just above the hose that runs from turbo to actuator, its driving me up the wall......who's idea was it to vaccum pack an engine into a car then release the pressure to make it expand into every corner of the car :ffs: :ffs: :ffs: :ffs: :ffs: :ffs: :ffs: ......bleeding nuckles :ffs: :ffs: :censor: :censor: :ffs: :censor: :ffs: :crybaby:

i had someone fit all my g valve and other parts.

sorry i cant help i think i will get my actuator checked or get a new one fitted,

will i need an uprated one or will a standard one be fine where is the best place to but one from prices ect ;)

I'll get in there again tomorrow,

I dunno about the actuator mark might be worth uprating if you're going for bigger boost in the end, but I think peeps have issues with uprated actuators being too strong for a pretty standard set-up

mine did this when i 1st turned up the boost.

was my actuator, just couldnt hold the wastegate shut !! was knakered.

Hmm.... Wonder if mine is knackered...?

Mine does exactly the same... it hits 16Psi in 1st and 2nd gear and then drops.. 3rd and 4th hold at 11/12Psi...

I knwo that the true boost is found in 3rd and 4th... but the 'flash' boost to 16Psi.. i dont want to risk that going up higher... :s

I want the rest Psi to be at 15 but that would mean my car would be flashing up at 18Psi at least.. :unsure:

The symptoms you described are exactly what happens when the actualtor goes "soft". My g valve is set to peak at 1.2 bar and holds this until the redline in 3rd and 4th, but the actuator is new and the turbo is a stage 1 CT20b.

As Bibbs mentioned, you could test the actuator by feeding a pipe onto it and pressurising the unit and see when it leaks off.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links