Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Tacoma Weight Specifications

sodyman

I am considering buying a 2002 Tacoma Xtra Cab 2.7 4 cylinder Automatic transmission. I will be using it as a work truck in town hauling about 500 lbs in the back. Does anyone know if this truck will handle that kind of use. I know that the PreRunner is a heavier truck than the smaller truck with the 2.4 litre 4 cylinder. Is the 2.7 4cylinder powerful enough?

• 4 weeks later...

I am considering buying a 2002 Tacoma Xtra Cab 2.7 4 cylinder Automatic transmission.  I will be using it as a work truck in town hauling about 500 lbs in the back.  Does anyone know if this truck will handle that kind of use.  I know that the PreRunner is a heavier truck than the smaller truck with the 2.4 litre 4 cylinder.  Is the 2.7 4cylinder powerful enough?

Well this is a UK forum primarily, so people here are unlikely to know much about U.S. truck models.

I might be able to help though. The 2.7 is a pretty stout little motor, you aren't going to have any trouble with 500 lb loads. Even with a 2.4 you wouldn't. I've had well over 500 lbs in MY car and I've got a 1.5 liter with 105 lbft of torque. You have nothing to worry about.

As I remember the 2.7 is rated to tow at least 3500 lbs, so it's more than adequate.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links