Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2e Variations

james_corolla_cuthbertson

Howdy!

I was just looking through a list of toyota engines

(http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Pit/9975/dataBySubject/GasolineEngines.htm - a very useful site!) and found that there were a number of variations of the 2E motor which sits in my gorgeous '88 EE90 Corolla saloon. I am fairly certain that the UK models got the plain 2E, with an almighty 74bhp@6200!! and around 76ft/lb of pure bottom end grunt!

The other versions are the 2E-E with 81bhp at only 6000rpm, but with the torque peak being about 1000rpm higher. Then there's the 2E-LU with only 66bhp, but the torque comes in much lower at around 3600. Then comes another version of the 2E, with the power and torque as the 2E-E but with a lower compression ratio of 9.3:1 instead of the 9.5:1 as found in the others.

From what I understand of the toyota suffix letter codes, the LU bit means the car is fitted with some kind of emissions control crap, and the extra E usually means Efi.

I was hoping sombody out there might know what is going on - perhaps which cars and countries these engines found their way into and maybe which components are different!

Cheers for reading this far!

Love from James

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links