Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Subs

PWhite_WRC

Hi

Can all the people with custom subs please show pics on how you done it,also what's the biggest size you can use.

Also has anyone got pics of the standard amp/sub locations.

Thanks

Paul

8, 10, & 12 seems to be what people use.....IMO 12 is juts to big, you loose to much space etc. up to you though. I have 10's:

Subs1.jpg

Cheers

KiwiMR2

Mine are the same, but only passenger side .. and a 12" under the bonnet ..

I've just installed an 8" sub into the cubby hole behind the passenger seat. I've fitted it flush so I can still store my glass panel on top in the summer. I managed to get the amp in there too. I'ts a very tight fit but you can't tell it's there and it actually sounds very good. I've had 10" and 12" subs in my previous cars but space it at a premium in a two and the sound I'm getting is very good. :yes:

Don't have any pictures yet as I only just finished installing it (all in the dark) on Tuesday!

Joe

I've just installed an 8" sub into the cubby hole behind the passenger seat.  I've fitted it flush so I can still store my glass panel on top in the summer.  I managed to get the amp in there too.  I'ts a very tight fit but you can't tell it's there and it actually sounds very good.  I've had 10" and 12" subs in my previous cars but space it at a premium in a two and the sound I'm getting is very good.  :yes:

Don't have any pictures yet as I only just finished installing it (all in the dark) on Tuesday!

Joe

that sounds cool :)

I've just installed an 8" sub into the cubby hole behind the passenger seat.  I've fitted it flush so I can still store my glass panel on top in the summer.  I managed to get the amp in there too.  I'ts a very tight fit but you can't tell it's there and it actually sounds very good.  I've had 10" and 12" subs in my previous cars but space it at a premium in a two and the sound I'm getting is very good.  :yes:

Joe

Cheers, it's a very compact setup. Just hope the amp doesn't get too warm!

You live in Donny or Lincoln? I don't live far from either.

I noticed that if you look inside the box behind the passenger seat, on the front face there are two mounting points for a speaker assembly. I don't know if this is where the standard sub would fit? I'm sure someone on here has the upgraded system that came fitted as an optional extra.

There was a standard MR2 sub and box on E-bay not so long ago. There's only one on now is for a mkI.

Joe

Joe

Cheers, it's a very compact setup. Just hope the amp doesn't get too warm!

You live in Donny or Lincoln? I don't live far from either.

i work/live in lincoln, im in the raf mate.

Mine....

568586_18_full.jpg

Built it myself... not to difficult either and the sound is great

Although i have since replaced the sub with a ten inch JBL one

as i killed that one trying to drop it to 33htz :D

As you can see the amp is under the seat but its a tight fit...

where do you guys keep your glass roof? im wanting to put a sub behind my passenger seat but dont know where to put the roof. will it be safe sliding around in the boot?

the glass in mine fit both behind the drivers seat, or one over the sub (handle on top, glass over the sub) and one behind the driver ..

it's not the sub that gets in the way from me putting my glass behind the seats. It's the harnesses which go straight into the firewall. Make doing anything imposs... lol. There's just not enough room

Was removing the gearbox tunnel cover the other day. My seats and the harnesses made the job a whole lot harder than if I had stock seats/belts.

Mine are the same, but only passenger side .. and a 12" under the bonnet ..

whats having the 12" under the bonnet like mate?

I ask asI have 2 5 inch focals on the way to me for the standard sub boxes & I have my 12" that I was going to sell on as I dont want to loose the space behind the seats (can't fit in otherwise).

Also have you get any pictures of the install?

Chris

projectprelude-

I really like the setup of your sub and amp. but wouldnt your amp be damaged from the wet.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links