Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Ae82 Clutch Fluid

reg786

hi im having problems changing gears as the cars does not go into gear and i have to turn the car off and then pop it into gear. I found out that there was no clutch fluid in the car which i resolved but the only thin is that the car drinks the fluid like no tomrw it sipps it when i put my foot down and causes me problems with crunching sounds. My mate has a ae82 as gt as well but his does not have the same problem.

the other thing is that my clutch creaks and it makes a crunching sound in reverse is the clutch on its way cause it is expensive to replace can anyone tell me how to reslove this problem for me plz.

Sounds like one of the clutch pistons is leaking, one is located in the engine bay and the other under the clutch pedal, although I am having the same problem and my pistons are'nt leaking???

I f any one can shed light on the matter please do so thanx :help: .

had no bother with my clutch bar it snap a bolt an marked the bell housing :angry:

where is it leaking from???must be going some where??also check the box oil for crunchy gears??

recently had this problem with mine - the master cylinder had gone (right behind the clutch pedal - look and feel for fluid). also check the slave cylinder on the gearbox. check the fluid lines as well

although the problem you have sounds slightly different - with mine, the clutch pedal went extremely light, the biting point dropped to the floor, and eventually just wouldn't work at all.

YES Due to their age a lot of AE82's and AE92's are now 'blowing' the seals on the clutch master cylinder and clutch slave cylinder.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links