Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Problem With Courtesy Lights

dawolf

Okay, basically there's a problem with the driver's door switch. When the door is open the lights are off but when the door is closed the lights come on. It's a real pain coz it's draining my Battery and it's annoying having the lights on whilst driving. Is there a way I can temporarily remove the switch or something? Cheers.

screw off the switch and disconnect its wire.its more than likely rusty and either not making an earth or its creating its own earth and staying on .be wary of the wire if you disconnect it though,it may become inacessable for future use if it falls into the cars body. :thumbsup:

I'm in a mess with this at the moment. Tried taking the 'dome' fuse out, seemed to solve it at first but now the alarm is making a strange sound and keeps going off. Trouble is if I put the fuse back in the courtesy lights will come back on and drain the Battery. Any ideas people?

the dome light does your mirrors and alkl your stereo bits ..

Just disconnect the lights ..

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links