Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

I Hate This Forum

Blacksheep

I haven't been on here for ages I just thought I would put a post about how chuffed I am with my now 6 month old 7000 mile T Sport, and you gits have got pictures of the new 06 version with more power... :crybaby:

What are you trying to do to me, make me bankrupt and divorced, how can I explain I NEED to buy another new car... :crybaby:

Getting back to mine though super happy with it, I had a real mare chosing between cars and I made the right decision in my eyes (although i would probably be saying the same if I had a Type R)...

Nearly forgot to mention no problems, no rattles, better on fuel than I thought and fun to drive, when I can convince my wife for some new alloys/tyres, springs and a custom exhaust it will be even nicer... :drool:

Nice one mate!! :thumbsup:

Yeah the CTSc looks mint!! I want one, I want one, I want one!! lol

(dreams of even having the money for one!! ... lol) :D

I haven't been on here for ages I just thought I would put a post about how chuffed I am with my now 6 month old 7000 mile T Sport, and you gits have got pictures of the new 06 version with more power... :crybaby:

What are you trying to do to me, make me bankrupt and divorced, how can I explain I NEED to buy another new car... :crybaby:

Getting back to mine though super happy with it, I had a real mare chosing between cars and I made the right decision in my eyes (although i would probably be saying the same if I had a Type R)...

Nearly forgot to mention no problems, no rattles, better on fuel than I thought and fun to drive, when I can convince my wife for some new alloys/tyres, springs and a custom exhaust it will be even nicer... :drool:

Engine swap shouldn't be too difficult if you wait awhile.

Hi, Blacksheep.

I too have a 6 month old CTS with 6000 on it. I have already had the Brake Master cylinder replaced and all 4 disks. All under warrenty with no issuses and its been a great car so far.

EXCEPT yesterday morning, went out and had driven about 2 miles when I pulled up at the lights. next to me as a V6 Cougar so I thought as the road goes from 2 to 1 lane in 50yds I would have him. On change of lights I found that I couldn't get the lift to work. Got it up to aprox 7K rpms when it felt more like hitting the rev limmiter than the lift. Happened in 1st & 2nd so I had to drop behend cougar.

10 miles further up the road it goes to dual carraige way after a roundabout.

Came off the roundabout in 2nd and hit the lift fine, and then into 3rd still hit the lift Ok.

So the question I have is there a timing / engine temp limmit to when you can lift the car or not.

Trev.

Hi, Blacksheep.

I too have a 6 month old CTS with 6000 on it. I have already had the Brake Master cylinder replaced and all 4 disks. All under warrenty with no issuses and its been a great car so far.

EXCEPT yesterday morning, went out and had driven about 2 miles when I pulled up at the lights. next to me as a V6 Cougar so I thought as the road goes from 2 to 1 lane in 50yds I would have him. On change of lights I found that I couldn't get the lift to work. Got it up to aprox 7K rpms when it felt more like hitting the rev limmiter than the lift. Happened in 1st & 2nd so I had to drop behend cougar.

10 miles further up the road it goes to dual carraige way after a roundabout.

Came off the roundabout in 2nd and hit the lift fine, and then into 3rd still hit the lift Ok.

So the question I have is there a timing / engine temp limmit to when you can lift the car or not.

Trev.

Mine has done this once....

Exactly the same sceanario....

I put it down to some sort of electronic jiggery pockery not allowing you to rev the "spherical objects"of it when it is cold......

Yes Gents, that's correct. Lift will not kick-in until the engine is warm enough...not sure exactly what temp. Somewhere around 60C??? Or, when the needl is in the middle of the temp gauge.

Cheers!

"I too have a 6 month old CTS with 6000 on it. I have already had the Brake Master cylinder replaced and all 4 disks."

What was wrong with your brakes, i'm having mine looked at, they work well most of the time but a couple of weeks ago I had to brake hard at reasonably high speeds and the brakes didn't seem to work, I wasn't sure if it was just glazed pads, i'm having it checked to be sure.

I was told by the mechanic in Toyota that the car has a limiter for when the engine is cold I always wait for mine to warm up before venturing above 5000...

I have recently started using Super unleaded fuel and I think it does make a little difference, also I've had a blitz Air filter fitted and a High Flow Sports cat and the car pulls much better low down and pulls quite well until a little dip at about 5000 then we all know what happens at 6200... :drool:

The master cylinder was replaced cos the brake pedal was a bit spongey

re previous post

The disks were replace cos the hubs on the rear disks were going rusty. Fronts were replaced the same time as they were also showing signs of rust. This was thru the gray coating on the disks.

Thanks for the input reagrding the lift temp, could well have been that it was just too cold as it was snowing at the time (not lying down here) but chuffing cold all the same.

Trev

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links