Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Boost....hookey Controller?

newtomymr2

ok so far...... fitted : EBC discs + pads

Crystal Clear fronts

NGK Iridium cold grade plugs

Magnecor HT Leads

Toyo Proxes

TB Boost Controller

TB F.C.D

Induction Kit.

Mocal Boost gauge ( P.S.I.)

all in the space of about 14 days, finished fitting the controller yesterday, thats such an easy job honest :ffs:

ok so my problem is I went for a run, slap her into 3rd cain it, and it eases up the boost range to about 10/11 psi, then it accelerates hard up to about 17/18psi :huh: then drops off to about 15psi now I'm traveling at warp factor 10 !!!

the trouble is though, i've turned the controller as far as I can, it wont go any further, even though it has got about half an inch of thread left but it wont turn the amount of boost down :unsure: is the controller hookey???

also I'm wondering if the boost could be firing up that far cos the clutch might be slipping???? :unsure:

please help, I'm about to commit MR2 murder if this doesnt get sorted soon :censor:

on a normal G'valve you wind it IN for more boost .. and wind it OUT for less boost.

18psi will kill stock internals.

what rev mr2 do you have ??

I think 18psi will be fine, on the basis that it is only spiking to that probably for a very short period of time.

It's a Rev 2, and my plan was to run about 12 psi until i get my dirty mitts on a ct20b and bigger intercooler, hopefully at the begining of April, Bibbs you might have hit the nail on the head....I hang my head in shame

should the ball be at the end of the spring i.e facing the direction the boost is coming in, or is it meant to sit under the spring in the bit where the boost comes out, if you catch my drift :unsure:

Turbo -> hose -> ball -> spring -> pressue release hole -> hose -> actuator.

Then on mine I've got a M10 bolt to diable the ECU boost override.

Cheers Bibbs, close this post up I'm such a div.....3 years at university wasted .....whats the M10 bolt and boost overide all about though? never heard of all that :huh:

you have the 2nd hose comming off the actuator and going to the TVSISSISIS thingy (can't remember the acronym at the moment - just got up).

There is this hose that allows the ECU to add the extra .4 bar ..

If you block this, you have FULL control of the boost.

and don't worry about the whole "I'm a div" thing .. I knew nothing until an MR2 turbo owning mate moved into my hose for a year ..

Since then I actually own a soldering iron and wire strippers :)

I've already blocked it... :thumbsup:

now hide this thread before anybody else gets to see what a div i am .... time for a name change so that no one will ever know who I am...how about oldtomymr2 :rolleyes:

I just thought I would play it on the safe side for a while, only had the car a few months I want to see what it does under hard driving with a little extra boost.......the result is, check my other post about the clutch :crybaby:

I knew nothing until an MR2 turbo owning mate moved into my hose for a year ..

Which hose did he move into?... the second hose coming off the actuator??? :P :D

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links