Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Need To Replace The Rear Tyres Soon

CraigT

I have 17" alloys on my 2 and the rear tyres will need to be replaced in the next month or so so that my car continues to stay on the road and not slide off it into a ditch :blink:

Anyway, putting crappy tyres on the back of your 2 is a bad idea but Im also not the riches dude in the world so Im looking for something decent but not over the top, after all my 2 is an N/a not a turbo.

Can anyone give me the size I need, along with any suggestions, and price Id be looking at.

Cheerz :thumbsup:

I desperatley need new rears too. Checked mine the other day.... now I know the reason I came off the road. They're practically slicks!!!

Craig,

Take a look on MyTyres.  Thay have a great selection, and fit all budgets.  Pretty much the cheapest around too.  :thumbsup:

You will need a 225/40/17 tyre to keep your speedo correct as the car would have had a 14" wheel on it with a 225/70/14 on the rear

on the back of my Tubby i have BF goodrich tyres and i find them a good all round tyre (no pun intended) and there about £110 each for a 225/40/17

HTH

Steve

Craig,

Take a look on MyTyres.  Thay have a great selection, and fit all budgets.  Pretty much the cheapest around too.  :thumbsup:

You will need a 225/40/17 tyre to keep your speedo correct as the car would have had a 14" wheel on it with a 225/70/14 on the rear

on the back of my Tubby i have BF goodrich tyres and i find them a good all round tyre (no pun intended) and there about £110 each for a 225/40/17

HTH

Steve

You sure it would of had a 70 profile on the rears!??

my Rev2 has 225/50/15 as standard

so i'd guess the Rev1 had 225/55/14

but his car is a Rev3 or 4 so had the same dimensions as mine has, therefore a 235/40/17 tyre would be best suited for the rears!

Craig,

HTH

Steve

sorry my mistake i looked at the wrong profile i thought he had a rev1

but a 225/40/17 would be ok 235/40/17 better

but his car is a Rev3 or 4 so had the same dimensions as mine has, therefore a 235/40/17 tyre would be best suited for the rears!

I was wrong i just looked at my old wheels and rev 1 had 225/60/14 (what was i thinking its been so long since anything has been standard on the car i forget puls i getting old)

Steve

Probably best to go for lower end performance tyres such as Hankook, Avon or Falken. I have Nankang which are classed as budget tyres, only cost £50 each and they seem pretty good for the price.

Craig,

HTH

Steve

sorry my mistake i looked at the wrong profile i thought he had a rev1

but a 225/40/17 would be ok 235/40/17 better

I was wrong i just looked at my old wheels and rev 1 had 225/60/14 (what was i thinking its been so long since anything has been standard on the car i forget puls i getting old)

Steve

Ok, now I am confussed.

My rev 1 has 195/70/14 front and 205/70/14 rear and that is what it quotes in the owners manual that came with the car. I need new rear tyres and possibly a front one too. Should I stick with the size I have already?

nankangs are only about £10 cheaper per corner on mytyres than Toyos.

I was searching mytyres... could easily find 215/40/17 Toyos... but doing the same search, but for 235/40/17 tyres I couldn't find Toyos!!!!

Nah, they don't list them Jim. If you email them, they'll source them for you thopugh.

Top geezers mate. :thumbsup:

Try http://www.camskill.co.uk/ for Toyo's

I got some T1-R's off them, really impresssed with the tyres, takes a couple of mins to warm them up though.

No Delivery cost and only took 3-4 days to get them

Excellent site mate! :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links