Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Headunit Wiring Help Help

quiksilver

Hi guys I hope you can help, I decided to put my sony head unit in the car yesterday and took out the dash no problem, and removed the tape deck that was in there the problem that I have got is someone has cut all the terminals off the orginal fittings and I have lost my multi-meter. I had a red yellow and black feed thats looks like power that wasn't even connected to the headunit that I removed it seemed to be getting power from other leads, browns and pinks if someone know what the feeds are that would be a great help and I wanna get my cd hooked up.

I drive a 95 1.3 Corrolla Sportiff

if you still have all the speaker wires in order you should be right. No need to buy a multimeter, just connect a 12v bulb between the suspected earth and the suspected power. Use this method to find the one thats always on, and then the acc power. If you need to test to find the speaker cables, get a 1.5v Battery and connect it to each wire, when you get a crackle in a speaker you've got a pair. When the cone moves forwrds when you connect the Battery, the positive on the Battery is connected to the speaker positive wire.

Good luck, sorry i couldnt give you colours.

black should be ground, yellow should be permanent live and red should be live when the ignition is switched on (I think)

Your Speakers should be fairly obvious, they should be in pairs one with a stripe one without - try them to find the right Speakers etc! :thumbsup:

black should be ground, yellow should be permanent live and red should be live when the ignition is switched on

Thats what I thought but these wires were mot connected to the headunit I took out I connected my Sony headunit to these and got nothing

The other headunit must be getting is power from somewhere else

Just need some music in my car

found me meter I will be able to get it sorted out proper now

I will post to let you know what colours the feeds are

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links