Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Corolla...

Lois

yeah im def gonna go for the corolla gti! hopefully anyway! all my mates are tellin me to get the 1.3GL cos i wil crash the gti! lol

but i dunno ill more than likely get the gti!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KidKoala

• Lois

• Twincam.GTi

• JT

Top Posters In This Topic

System~G: I see you now have an MR2 (MK1 as well, so it's a proper MR2 :lol: ) Nice car... I really like them although they rust as bad as Corolla GT's and GT's but then I suppose thats part the 'fun' :blink:  of running 'em

Glad you've stayed with '4AGE' power :thumbsup:

I wanted a MKI long before I got the GTi. But ever since I was a kid and first saw the GTi I wanted one. I drove one in my home country of South Africa a while back. And it was a completely different beast to the UK GTi (maybe because it was a lot newer back then :unsure: )

I got what's known as the MKIa (one of the very first) which didn't have any body kit items on it and therefore less likely to rust - although this one does have it's fair share. The 4A-GE engine in it looks very different to what was in my GTi. It's only 122bhp for a start... :unsure:

Will let you lot know what it drives like once it's road legal and I've had a "play" :thumbsup:

Welcome aboard Lois.

You'll love the GTI.

Just one down side to them though. The brakes are CR@P. That's the first thing you want to upgrade. Some nice Brembo grooved discs for just over £100 will triple the braking power. Enjoy! :thumbsup:

Welcome aboard Lois.

You'll love the GTI.

Just one down side to them though. The brakes are CR@P. That's the first thing you want to upgrade. Some nice Brembo grooved discs for just over £100 will triple the braking power. Enjoy! :thumbsup:

yep thats why ive got 335mm discs and six pot callipers :D

if you get one and the std alloys are a bit mingin i have a decent set here you can have.

by the way it nice to welcome a very attractive new member :thumbsup::wub:

Bunch of sleeze bags :P cant remember what brakes System~G said i've got, but they are pretty good!

yeah im def gonna go for the corolla gti! hopefully anyway! all my mates are tellin me to get the 1.3GL cos i wil crash the gti! lol

but i dunno ill more than likely get the gti!

Welcome to TOC. If u can insure a GTI get 1!!! Ive got a 1.3 GL and its slow as ********. The performance is embarassing compared to my old Starlet :crybaby: . But overall u cant go wrong with an AE92 corolla, loads of my mates have said dat my rolla looks betta than my Starlet!!

Good luck :thumbsup:

Yeah thats the thing...its only extra 500 on top to insure a gti!! lol and if i do pass plus its only extra 300!

When I got my Rolla GTI, I was 19 (1999) with 1 years no claims. It cost me £800 fully comp with a £150 X/S.

Last year it cost me £320 FC with a £100 X/S.

I am 20, with 1 y NCB, and its £850 TPFT w/ £350 excess :(

TOYMOTA Posted Today, 10:11 AM
  QUOTE(KidKoala @ Mar 3 2005, 06:57 PM)

Bunch of sleeze bags

LOL. I was thinking that too!!!! :lol::thumbsup:

Now, Now Chaps, one must comment this particular postings has been shall we say ...erm... most pleasant :rolleyes:

TOYMOTA Posted Today, 10:11 AM
  QUOTE(KidKoala @ Mar 3 2005, 06:57 PM)

Bunch of sleeze bags

LOL. I was thinking that too!!!! :lol::thumbsup:

Now, Now Chaps, one must comment this particular postings has been shall we say ...erm... most pleasant :rolleyes:

:huh:

KidKoala Posted Today, 10:43 AM

I am 20, with 1 y NCB, and its £850 TPFT w/ £350 excess 

TOYMOTA Posted Today, 10:39 AM

When I got my Rolla GTI, I was 19 (1999) with 1 years no claims. It cost me £800 fully comp with a £150 X/S.

Last year it cost me £320 FC with a £100 X/S.

I’m ancient :wacko: so now pay around £200 fully comp with full no claims and limited mileage of 6500 a year. Plus have agreed value.

Most of the insurance quotes are very dependant on where you live, where the car is parked up over night and what you do for a living.

When I left the live music industry, my policy dropped by nearly £200. The job was seen as high risk due to working hours and "outside influences" possibly taken to keep one going to the wee hours of the morning :rolleyes:

lmao, they assume your a coke head because you work in music - thats funny.

From my experience, people who work in business (banking etc) are all into coke.

As for location yeah postcodes affect it alot as well.

But the main thing that affects it is gender, age, and NCB.

lmao, you are prepared to pay £1526 to insure your first car?

IMO you would be crazy to pay that amount to insure a car worth less than a grand, I don't understand why people spend more on insurance than the car, you don't get anything out of it, you don't get anything to keep at the end of it. Waste of money IMO.

If I were you, I'd get a 1.3, go named on your parents policy, and after a year or so when your insurance is cheaper get the GTI

Hi i have one for sale wit 80000 miles on clock very nice 8 MOTs to bk it up if interested giz an email for more info cheers

lee...

lmao, you are prepared to pay £1526 to insure your first car?

IMO you would be crazy to pay that amount to insure a car worth less than a grand, I don't understand why people spend more on insurance than the car, you don't get anything out of it, you don't get anything to keep at the end of it. Waste of money IMO.

If I were you, I'd get a 1.3, go named on your parents policy, and after a year or so when your insurance is cheaper get the GTI

if you were in our position, you wouldn't have much choice but to pay more for insurance than you do for the car - if i went in my name on my car, fully comp in the 1st year, it would have been £2300. the way i do it, it's only £850 fully comp. when i next renew, the cheapest quote ive found, in my name, TPFT is £1290 - there or thereabouts the value of the car.

however, i chose to do this, precisely because i did not want to drive about in a povvy, asthmatic 1.3 corolla

The problem is even if Lois does buy a 1.3 instead the insurance cost will still be more than the so-called value.

So if you can afford the insurance on a GTi you go for it Gal your only young once :D

I'm not going to argue with you lot about this, but in my opinion it is foolish to spend more on insurance than the car. You can always go as a named driver, and there are cheaper cars to insure than a 1.3.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links