Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Corolla Engine Question

IRIX

Hi guys.

I need to get a new engine for my 1.6 XLi rolla. The head went caput so i need to exchange the lower part of the engine or get a new one..

I was wondering if i can fitt a 2.0 Carrina E engine into the hood of the 1.6 XLi? its quite hard to find a 1.6 engine liyng around but there are carrinas available in abundace

the corolla is the 1993 edition

1.6 4afe unit same in both cars. Just minor changes to manifolds required...ie keep your existing one's. 2.0 unit is different and requires own ecu and harness apart from mods to engine mountings and the sub frame.

anythings possible..with the right amount of knowhow..theres plenty of corollas with 3sgte lumps in them nowadays so the 3sge should fit as well....could be a headache with the wiring though :)

the guys at fensport put a 3sge engine in a ae-102 gxi. They said it was a hell of a task. Not straight forward at all.

The 7a-fe from the carina will fit the corolla easily enough, but the 3sge would be tough i think. the 1.8 corolla's had 7a-fe's in em. But this corolla never came as a 2.0 petrol.

good luck with it all,

Kamran

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links