Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Finally Put Car Back Together !

boundsw

Noticed my turbo was leaking oil on my rev 1 tubby, there was loads in the IC pipes etc, and it was filthy around the turbo, so i though sod it, time for a new turbo, before this one pops !

So i got a stg 1 CT26 of the net.

Stripped my car at the weekend (turbo off) which was more of a b**ch than i imagined...no room to move, and half the nuts were rusted to hell, but got it all off in the end.(good few cuts on my hand now i can tell ya).

My turbo arrived today, so tonight i am going to start putting it back together. oh joy !

I have also decided to get a down pipe from the guys at Rogue. The cat is so big you cant really see anything from under the car, and its so...awakward...its just a pain, and its holding back a few bhp aswell.

Hopefully wanna get all my turbo etc bolted on tonight then pick up the down pipe in the week, and wack that on thursday probably !.

Just want a little advide on fiting the turbo !. Do i need gaskets where the oil and water feeds go to the turbo? I have 'blue instant gasket' which i normally use for anything really - thermostat housing, rocker cover etc. would this be suitable to connec the water pipes (as its gonna ge so hot is all im worried about). And i also have some red and green hard sealer, will this be ok for the oil feed, or do i need a gasket - dont want to leak !!

has anyone fitted a turbo before, or what would they advise !! cheers.

also, what about the turbo exhaust housing to the down pipe - will i need a new gasket (kinda wreked mine!!) or will exhaust paste be ok ?

will i need to bleed my water system ??

ps. also, i have a stcok actuator on the new turbo - shall i run with that, or shall i use a -31 which i have at home, or a fully adjustable forge actuator which i have at home.(i only have one spring for the forge one at the mo, and its VERY strong....too strong i think !!

cheers guys ! :thumbsup:

Yeah. Be prepared to have lots of skinned knuckles. :yes::lol:

Your best bet is to soak every nut and bold you can see in the surrounding area in WD40 for a day or two beforehand. When I changed mine, I left it soak for two days before attempting to even undo one nut.

Get yourself some new studs for the exhaust manifold, coz sure as eggs, you'll snap a couple.

Just take your time and work from the top down. I had mine on the floor in less than two hours with a bit of preparation and careful planning. It's not that hard a job, just a little awkward in places.

Yes, you'll need new gaskets. Defo, and try NOT to use that god awful instant gasket on anything if you can help it. It's cr@p.

Best of luck :thumbsup:

cheers Earl.

where would i get the gaskets from for the turbo ?(oil and water), where did you get yours ? do you recon rogue will have em, im gettin me down pipe of them, this week-hopefully that will have the exhaust gasket, but i will need the turo ones if you recomend not using the sealer.

am going to dorset on friday morning, so the car needs to be completed by then....hopefully !

Smashed my hands up until midnight last night in my garage puting my car back together!

Everything is back on now except the exhaust. I have removed the cat, and am picking up a d-cat pipe tomorrow from rogue !, so that will be going on tomorrow afternoon !

Also just need to connect my oil and water feeds to turbo, but they are all lined up and ready to go

suspose the cooling system will need bleding now ?

nearly there, should be on the road by tomorrow afternoon with any luck !

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links