Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

The Day It Went Wrong

Hedgehog Dodger

Woke up on Monday morning, about 8:30am with an incredible YAWWWNNN!!!!

Looked over to the missus and asked what she was doing today as it was our birthday weekend (we have the same birthdate of 26th Feb) and we both had Monday off work. She said she was going to have to get to the horse and do horsey things.

Left the house at about 9:30am on the way to pick up my new tyres and also get my Tax.

Driving was good as no traffic about so cruising on the cold yet dry morning. Came off the M56 at jct 7 and it started to snow, nothing too major, just making the road a little greasy.

I was waiting at the traffic lights on the Lymm Roundabout heading for the A56 to Altrincham. Lights went green and the little old man crept away in his 1.9 Skoda Estate, snow falling a little heavier now, but I am nice and warm snug in my drivers seat.

I am following the little old chap as we exit the rounabout and onto the A56 we go. I move over into the right hand lane to overtake the senior. My rear bumper is ahead of his front and I go to indicate to move back across when the back end steps out.........................the next thing I know I am sat in my car with blood on my hand and glass in my hair where the rear screen shattered. My ribs feel like they have just been hit by Tyson just being called a 'Man Loving Pansy!'

I can remember thinking to myself, 'What is Gemma going to say!' until I stepped out of the car and saw the mess, and then I thought, 'I am so glad Gemma wasn't with me, as if she was, she might not be here today!

Lots of people stopped to check how I was not really knowing what to say apart from, 'I was lucky' and, 'Are you ok?'

m_Crash1.JPG

m_Crash2.JPG

m_Crash3.JPG

m_Crash4.JPG

m_Crash5.JPG

m_Crash6.JPG

One good thing, if you can call it that, is that the engine is OK!

m_Crash7.JPG

OMG :eek: :o

At Least you are OK and you were alone.

What are u thinking of doing now? new motor and a transplant your engine across?

My god man its great your still alive, but... the damage

how fast was you actually driving?

*I am following the little old chap as we exit the rounabout and onto the A56 we go. I move over into the right hand lane to overtake the senior*

I just have this real gut feeling you was driving faster than you led us to believe

especially it happening a few days after you get a new turbo or showing off your engine bay...

If im wrong im wrong, but its still great to see you still posting

shame about your baby

Ouch mate :eek::eek::eek:

Glad you walked away from that ok :thumbsup: And that you had no passengers :help: Dread to think what could have happend.

Just wondering if you where on your way to get tax does that mean that yours had run out?? if so go get it now!!! your insurance company wont pay out I dont think if you have not taxed your car you insurance becomes invalid Finecactus would know as he works in the biz

holy s***, that is real bad! but like you said, just aswell your missus wasnt in.

are you okay? you mentioned blood.

Oh my god dude!

So glad you are still posting! that is one HORRIBLE crash, was everyone involved ok in the end? like the senior etc? was it him that actually hit you?

Such a bad way to lose the car! :(

Dave

FFS!!... and I thought my little bumper bash was bad!! OUCH!!!

Blood... you don't need to be gong fast in snowy conditions to easily lose it in a mr2. I was driving on a straight road last year. Went to change lane, and the car just slid right across the road. Luckily I managed to get some traction back in time.

That crash looks really bad mate. What did you hit? Did you spin out? I take it you didn;t hit anyone else? As you said good job your lady freind wasn't with you.

A positive things tho ....

1/ You're still here

2/ Your woman wasn't in the car

3/ Your engine is ok!

Feel for you mate!

Dam, glad you managed to walk away.

Such a shame to lose your car after you have work done to it. :censor:

At least you've still got the engine :D

FFS!!... and I thought my little bumper bash was bad!! OUCH!!!

Blood... you don't need to be gong fast in snowy conditions to easily lose it in a mr2.

Wouldnt know i dont take the mr2 out in snowy conditions

hence the reason for the much slower car aswell

Sorry to hear about that Hedge. Saw the pics on IMOC this morning. Gutted for you mate. Truly gutted. :(

Take consolation that you can wake up tomorrow morning with your missus alongside you and yawn once again. ;)

Take care mucker.

Glad you are reasonably ok (and that your passenger seat was free)

Remember you can replace a car but you can't replace a life.

Blimey... :help: Glad your ok man :wacko:

Hello, it's good you are still alive and kicking then. Can you remember what exactly happened? Did your car slip on ice or something? Was it the Skoda that hit you then I take it? Or on coming traffic?

yikes!

so sorry for you fella, but glad ur ok.

it could have been much worse. :!Removed!:

but in response to a lot of other people's questions,......what did happen? did the old fella make contact with you? was it a solo effort?

I followed the topic on IMOC a few days ago.

Glad you're OK :thumbsup:

And to think it was a Rev3 - I thought they has side impact bars or did the GTS not have them due to weight saving? :unsure:

Ouch thats nasty m8 :crybaby: make sure you do get the road tax though, cos you will get fined without it or a SORN decleration, they really dont care if you were nearly killed or not :(

glad you made it though, go get a new one :thumbsup:

jesus youve been so lucky, its a lesson for everyone to be carfefull, its so easy to forget what can happen... glad your ok mate

saw the thread on IMOC too!

and must agree.....

1/ You're still here

2/ Your woman wasn't in the car

3/ Your engine is ok!

its only plastic and metal at the end of the day!

Damn.....that is a bit of a mess!! Glad to here your ok though, wasn't expecting that sorta post before I read it.

Hope ya feel a bit better soon & as the others mention...try and think of the positives out of it aye :)

Cheers

KiwiMR2

As i said on IMOC...

Glad to see your still with us mate... :yes: easy to say but try and get back in a car asap so that you dont get frighted off driving as i know someone who loved his mota's but after an accident.. he found it real hard to sit behind the weel again for a few months...

**** hell!!!

Hope you're OK, and recover both physically and mentally real soon.

Really gutted for you.

My mate lost his 200SX last week end. Back went at low speed. Lamp post collected him. 0-write off in 5 seconds.

What are your plans with the 2?

Be nice to see that motor alive in another car real soon. If you don't do it... I want first refusal on the motor. ;) :rolleyes:

Glad you're OK. As everyone says, a car can be replaced... you can't.

Keep your chin up bud.

Jesus man sorry to see / hear it.

Gald your ok tho. Just remember cars can be replaced you can't.

Chris

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links