Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

S*** F*** !

Bryn

I got some new dials in the mail today, but of course i bought the wrong

f :censor: kin ones didnt i. (moron :crybaby: )

Anyway before chekin :rolleyes: i pulled the instrument pannel out and took the needles off (then i discovered that the dials were the wrong way round i.e speedo was were the rev counter was).

I got :ffs: at this point, alot of :censor: , i calmed myself and proceeded to put everythin back together.

After a wee while the car was as before or at least i thought so. I started the car and saw my rev counter rise to 4000 then come to rest a 3000.

Of course the needle is in the wrong place and i have a feelin that they all are. I tryed fixin some to what i thought they might be but there is no way of being sure.

Does anyone know what to do when you are a moron like myself and do this. How do you set them back? Do I have to go to a garage?

Cheers

Bryn

you should NEVER take off the needles on your car....you should of read a guide on the dial switching on mr2oc for example before doing it, i have no idea how to get things back again.

btw, if you didn't set your fuel needle in the correct place that too will be in the wrong position!

Jimlad didnt have any problems and I think Jaxx has aftermarket dials also.. I'm sure they can help if you PM them chap.

I can tell you are a little frustrated!

Jimlad didnt have any problems and I think Jaxx has aftermarket dials also.. I'm sure they can help if you PM them chap.

Jim as the same ones as us, you don't have to take the needles of with them.

Bryn is yours the one with the cable drive or the electric speedo?

We have a spare elecy one if you need it for p&p

Paul

take it to bits but put it back together with out the clear plastic, get everythin up to runnin temp and place the rev needle on 750, engine temp half way, then go for a drive and get it in 3nd gear at 2000rpm and set the needle to 25mph (might be different for turbo or other revision) as for the Battery gauge (if u have one) with the engine off turn the key 2 clicks and then set the needle to dead centre.

as for the petrol gauge you will be able to set the needle to zero when the light comes on as it works independant of gauge.

good luck!

Jim as the same ones as us, you don't have to take the needles of with them.

Bryn is yours the one with the cable drive or the electric speedo?

We have a spare elecy one if you need it for p&p

Paul

Ive got the electric one but i think its ok but thank very much for the offer.

take it to bits but put it back together with out the clear plastic, get everythin up to runnin temp and place the rev needle on 750, engine temp half way, then go for a drive and get it in 3nd gear at 2000rpm and set the needle to 25mph (might be different for turbo or other revision) as for the battery gauge (if u have one) with the engine off turn the key 2 clicks and then set the needle to dead centre.

as for the petrol gauge you will be able to set the needle to zero when the light comes on as it works independant of gauge.

good luck!

Cheers dude :thumbsup:

I sorta figured the rev needle and the engine temp. The one for the speedo is a big help as thats def the most important. i will get a mate to give me a hand with that one.

As for the fuel i guess i will just have to drive it alot until i run out :D

Thanks everyone for the help

Saved my *****

Cheers

Bryn :) :D

or get a mate with an RSM to plug it into your car .. it'll tell you the speed/revs exactly ..

or get a mate with an RSM to plug it into your car .. it'll tell you the speed/revs exactly ..

RSM ?

Where do you get them?

Do you know anyone with GPS?? ie a Road angel you could put it in your car

and it will tell you the speed you are going to set your speedo.

For the petrol gauge, wouldn't it be easiest to fill the tank up to the brim, then fit the needle pointing to full?? Saves you running on empty!!

Alex

I dont have access to a RSM or a GPS device as much as i know but im sure i will figure something out.

As for the petrol gauge its 6 and 2X3 because either i risk runin on little petrol or Shell out for a full tank( i hate bein skint :( )

Cheers for the help

:D

Bryn

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links