Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Dab Radio Ariel

Fitz

Anyone else have DAB in their car?

I want to fit my DAB box but in the old car, I just took off the old bee sting ariel and replaced it with the digital one.

No can do with the MR2 and I'm really not keen on drilling a hole in the roof. So far the only place I can see to mount the ariel without any body modification is in one of the engine lid slats.

Just wondering if anyone else has fitted DAB and what they did with the ariel?

I still think my suggestion for behind one of the head rests is the best option as you could just use a sticky pad to mount it . If not try it under the bonnet somewhere and see what the reception is like mate.

Chris

how about on the engine cover in the middle just behind the window, like a lotus elise, thats where mines goin when i get it all sorted

I still think my suggestion for behind one of the head rests is the best option as you could just use a sticky pad to mount it .  If not try it under the bonnet somewhere and see what the reception is like mate.

Chris

Needs to be earthed. Cannot go in boot or bonnet I am told as it will not pick up any signals.

how about on the engine cover in the middle just behind the window, like a lotus elise, thats where mines goin when i get it all sorted

Might have to be the engine lid to be honest. At least the slats are just wide enough to fir the thread through and get the nut tightened.

Might have to be the engine lid to be honest. At least the slats are just wide enough to fir the thread through and get the nut tightened.

:thumbsup: should be good there, you know it makes sense.

just make sure it doesnt hit roof of car when lid is up

no its metal.

I know the under tray is but I'm sure 99.9% that the top piece is plastic. I say this as My tray started to rattle so I removed it. Defo feels plastic to me.

However I'll double check tomorrow as I can (& have often been known to) be incorrect.

im sure it is, the scratches on mine off where roof sltes fell on it have left the metal showing

no its metal.

I know the under tray is but I'm sure 99.9% that the top piece is plastic. I say this as My tray started to rattle so I removed it. Defo feels plastic to me.

However I'll double check tomorrow as I can (& have often been known to) be incorrect.

You've owned yours longer than me and I know it's metal :rolleyes:

:thumbsup: should be good there, you know it makes sense.

just make sure it doesnt hit roof of car when lid is up

How did you know I would probably make that mistake, LOL.

Glad you mentioned that now as I would have set it as near to the window as possible, though the dab ariel is quite short

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links