Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

First Blood !

Mr2dude

My Tubby took its first part of my flesh today. Nasty gash across the top of my hand, will leave a nice scar once it heals.

On the +ve side, i've got new calipers, drilled and grooved discs and some stainless steel braided hoses fitted.

Well worth it :)

Pictures? [both hand and finished job]

:D

Hehe yer, didnt sever a major artery, just a flesh wound after all, even if there was gristle and bone visible !

Soz I cant take pics of either atm. My hand is taped up to seal the wound (hopefully have less of a scar, but really I should have gone for stitches).

The car is not complete yet, as soon as I got the brakes sorted, its gone to the garage for suspension job. (Dont fancy loosing a finger or two with the springs popping off on me !).

I managed to mash my finger between ratchet and car the other day.

and it wasn't even in my car .. :lol:

I dont know if you have told the story already, if so I apologise, but if you havent can you tell us how you happened upon a 300bhp Mr2??? sounds the nuts :thumbsup:

Well, i posted first long "Hi" message a few weeks ago, but was prolly too long to read...

http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.p...topic=31093&hl=

I've owned 1995 N/A for a few years and was considering turbo upgrade (complete engine rebuild, forged pistons etc), but it was gonna cost about 8grand for what I wanted.

Then i spotted this...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...item=4522311479

Which had basically everything done (in the engine bay at least I wanted)

Ross Pistons, Lightweight flywheel, stage2 turbo, rebored cyclinders, shaved head etc etc, the list is endless.

The original intension was to swap engines, keep my Rev3 sunroof car and sell the T-Bar on with the N/A engine in. This turned out to be too much of a job for me and my mechanic brother-in-law, so I've kept the entire car and the N/A is going up for sale soon.

The tubby is a rocket. But it has flaws.

Sorting out the brakes and the suspension on first, cause its a bit too unstable at the moment. The wiring into the ECU is a bit ropey, so thats the next job with a decent garage and possibly going for the EmeraldM3D ECU.

I'm not fininshed there either. Air-Water intercooler, and larger injectors will take me to 400bhp when I'm done.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links