Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Moonroof Vs T-top

Guo

Moonroof or T-top?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Moonroof or T-top?

• Moonroof
    • T-top

Thanks guys for helping me out in solving the decision between NA and Turbo. For the type of driving I'm going to do, NA seems to fit me better. It's gonna be my first RWD so it's better that I start with this one. I'll probably end up getting a turbo sometime down road.

So far I'm looking for 93+ NA. Now I have to decide between Moonroof or T-top.

So give me your opinion on these two features. Which do you guys prefer and why?

Thanks..

T-Top is tin top is it not ???

Or did you mean Tbar ?? Not voting till this is clarified! .. :)

In the states, we call T-bar = T-tops (one that makes ur car look convertible).

Jimlad, T-Top has always been T-Bar!!

I say T-Bar, you might get the drips in the winter but a sunny day like today, roof off and wave at everybody.

I prefer the hard top (tin top). If you have air con, a T bar is just for posing. If you aren't covered in drips the T bar just gets so hot in summer, OK you can take the T tops out, but you can't drive fast unless you like to be deaf. The T bar also ruins the line of the roof unless you have a black car or a black tophalf.

The T-Bar inserts stop it from getting hot in the summer and that wind sound with the roof off is amazing.. I think it adds to the whole T-Bar thing.

Wait till summer when we have our tops off!! :P

I prefer the hard top (tin top). If you have air con, a T bar is just for posing. If you aren't covered in drips the T bar just gets so hot in summer, OK you can take the T tops out, but you can't drive fast unless you like to be deaf. The T bar also ruins the line of the roof unless you have a black car or a black tophalf.

If you wanted to be able to take the roof out but not ruin the line of the roof you could get them coloured to match. best of both.

Mine doesnt drip (yet) :P

T top all the way for me.

my first day today woth having the tops off! (first decent weather since ive owned it :lol: )

and it was mega!! absolutely loved it

thought it would be bad on the mways but was great, windows up and heater on you sit in a little hot air bubble with the wind rushing over you

big grins! :D

yeah im a poser! so photograph me!

well, my rover was a targa so I was adament I wanted a t bar. couldnt find a good one and ended up finding a mint sunroof one instead. I thought it would be a second best option but I've not looked back. It's still an MR2 and I love it.

I dont know if you'll have the same problem I had, but I didn't have many to pick from in my price range. better to buy the best car you can get, rather than buying a car because it's a t bar.

If you get aunroof one you wont regret it.

imo the wind noise isn't so bad in the T-Bar...if you just get your windows up it's not that bad!

Tbar.. Tbar... Tbar.... anything else = !Removed!!!!

Can't beat it.... also.. they don't have leaky issues... if they do, they can easily be sorted.

TBAR TBRA TBEBAEBEA BAR!! .... lol.

Can't beat a TTop, you'll regret getting anything else :)

As for '93 NA, '92's IMHO were better, as lighter and more torque :D

T-Bar - I looked for ages to find what i wanted - black T-bar Turbo - and i did after a while !!

T-Bar is make the car even more sporty...family saloons have tin tops and sunroofs !!

Incase you didn't know.... Moonroof plus points

Moonroofs cant leak into the interior

They can be propped into the raised position to reduce excessive summer trapped heat

They still come with an internal sun blind

It can be removed in a few moments and it stows into a holder under the bonnet.

The glass is blue tinted to reduce glare compared to the Tbar clear glass.

You wont freeze your **** or burn your legs on your cracked and badly worn leather interior, because you wont have it :lol:

You get less skuttle shake because the chassis more rigid.

The car weights less

You wont be driving an import ;)

Your cars roofline wont look as odd (excludes black ones of course)

You'll pay less for your car

T-bar .. cause nothing is better that blatting through the countryside with no roof. and I've topped out in mine with the roof off (and windows down) .. and it was great ..

of course the T bar is cremé de la cremé but whoever it was who said you'll regret anything else is very mistaken. It's an MR2 be it t bar, moon roof or solid roof.

The moon roof is silent, and the only wind noise I have heard in mine came from the wing mirrors on a particularly windy day so that would have happened on a t bar too :P

Without any wind noise from the t bar you can hear that engine rev up and appreciate the sound, though in low revs, as you'd expect, even the engine is quite.

If you find a good t bar then yes, go for it, but don't dismiss a mint moonroof one just because it lacks a bit of wind in the hair.

What would you prefer, a mint moon roof version or a dog of a 2 just because it has a t bar?????

Wind noise is part of it!... all you T-Bar freaks know what its like going under a low bridge or a tunnel and hearing your monster bouncing off the walls.. You are more one with the car... sorry... I'm getting a bit deep!

So who's winning?!?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links