Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

What Should I Do Now?

JappyBeast

What should I do?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. What should I do?

• Repair engine and keep as an n/a
    • Sell for what I can and buy a Turbo
    • Get a Turbo transplant

I suppose I can afford all of the above.

I wasnt gonna go down the Turbo route till late next year as there are still loads to do to my car but is this a sign to get it done?

I could spend a fair bit just getting her fixed and she needs a clutch also so thats even more ontop, if I went for the turbo conversion a new gearbox and clutch would be included.

How would I go about getting insurance? Do I tell my insurance company that I have bought a conversion or do I tell em its just a turbo? But the numberplate will be the same so they will ask questions.

Also, what companies do turbo conversions? I know that Rogue do them.

Not sure if I should just repair and stay as an n/a.

i think sell for what ya can and buy a turbo mate.

But I have done so much to this one.

Dont fancy going back to a standard looking 2.

Transplant a turbo engine into it mate, i'd think it's hard selling it in that color, no offence.

I dont think I could sell it being this colour!

Its going into the garage to get looked at on Monday, my dad seems to think it isnt that bad after all.

true mate, you have done a lot to it. but throwing in a turbo engine and then having to do all the mods with it will deffo cost you more than selling this, getting a nice rev3 replacement with a few mods. i reckon you will save 2k by going this route.

the thing with doing a turbo conversion is that in theory it sounds like your saving money but in the long run costs you a lot, lot more trust me :)

yeah.. putting a turbo lump into my car wont make it that much more valuable so I would be losing alot of money.. think I'm gonna get it fixed.

for 3K I would just buy a tubby car... but like others have said you might find it very hard to shift yours for anything near a decent price.

But I have done so much to mine, dont think I have it in me to start all over again!

just do it... buy a slightly modded turbo. The whole "turbo aspect" of the new car will make the memory of your old car dissapear.

You know you want to!!

well why bother with a poll then if you've already made up your mind!!

OR!!!...

buy a stock tubby.. transfer the kit from one to another... get the tubby painted... then sell the n/a !!!!

I made my mind up during the poll.. the mods can close it now.

I'm gonna keep my purple monster, I love her too much to sell, gonna get it fixed.. I will always have the option of going Turbo later in the year.

im with jappy on this, get it fixed if u wanna keep it. nowt worse than sellin it when you love it and seein someone else have fun with her

Wouldn't it be cheaper to insure a Turbo conversion than a turbo car :)

Have heard some stories where people have had more joy insuring a conversion :D PLus you get to keep all your previous mod's :D :D :D

Jappy,

Why don't you break it and sell the parts. You'd make a fair bit more doing it that way.

....and I've got first dibs on the Border front bumper :thumbsup:

I would be more upset if it was the middle of summer or a week B4 JAE.

My car is my hobby, I just dont know when I should stop putting money into it.

Lets face it Jappy, your "never" going to sell the purple headed monster, the paint is just too outrageous. Good, but outrageous. People who want purple/black are more inclinded to want to do it themselves.

Your best bet would be as you say, just fix it for now, maybe try and get a 182bhp Rev5 Engine if you can find one. Going conversion will cost you mega money, the engine is one thing, but think of all of the ancillaries you would need !

:yes:

I have had a few beers tonight but I'm close to going all the way for a tubby conversion.. you only live once, I'm young with little comitments.. spending £1000 to have it exactly how it was before seems a waste..

I just dont know.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links