Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

mcmurdo

Hi everyone

I've just bought myself a new Corolla Contrast 1.4 SE as a family car. I'm new to Corollas and know 0 about cars generally so I'm after some advice!

Basically the cars got 60k miles on the clock, so the first thing I'd like to do is get the belt changed, but I was wondering if there's anything else I might want to get checked out? Also does anyone know any good garages in Nottingham for servicing/maintainance?

Cheers all!

Chris

Hello and welcome,

Do you have service history? if not then a full service, oil and filter, sparkplugs, air filter and air conditioning/pollen filter (if fitted). Plus it might be due for gearbox oil change, fuel filter replacement and forlife/coolant change and brake fluid change.

You probably need a new pine tree air freshner and while you're at it I'll get the neck on the nodding dog in the back oiled! :P

Joking aside, I suggest having the air con serviced fully if you detect any issues with it. Someone on this forum posted a neat trick about steam from a boiling kettle in the passenger foot well and the air con on recycle or something like that.

Hope you enjoy your car.

Tawse57 Posted Yesterday, 10:19 PM

Joking aside, I suggest having the air con serviced fully if you detect any issues with it. Someone on this forum posted a neat trick about steam from a boiling kettle in the passenger foot well and the air con on recycle or something like that.

I would be interested to hear more about this, anyone?

The only forums I frequent regularly are the Avensis and Corolla ones so the tip is in one of those - most likely the Avensis one.

Thanks again guys. Just got the car - no nodding dog either so I've saved myself a job there :P :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links